“one of cov's best kept secret's”
Review of the newlands

the newlands
Ranked #427 of 617 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: British, Bar, Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Built in the 1930's The Newlands is a great community pub which offers a wide range of food and drinks at a good value price.
Reviewed May 25, 2013

The Newlands pub is part of the sizzler brand in tilehill, it is local to us and is always a pleasant place to meet with family and friends to enjoy a few cold beers.The atmosphere is great and the food is very good quality.The also have entertainment during the weekends.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

we went to The Newlands for a meal with friends and couldn't have been more impressed.
we had never been in before i was totally unaware of how busy the place would be on a
saturday evening.we were informed that we might have to wait about 30 minutes or so for food,
we were greeted in less than 15 minutes by the waitress's with our food.The food came out on a sizzling plater and looked and tasted fantastic, the beer was good and the atmosphere of the place
was great too.A very pleasent experience.If you go in, try the rack of ribs, excellent

1  Thank Derek B
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My wife and I had some time to kill while we waited for our son inlaw.We needed to eat and so
we looked for a decent place to have a quick meal.so we popped into the newlands pub And we were not disappointed. My wife had the gammon,and i had the triple burger.
The food arrived quickly and tasted lovely.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I had another lovely meal in the Newlands the meal hot & tasty and lots of it 'the staff are always friendly and welcoming it does get very busy but that is to be expected a very warm friendly atmosphere

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Popped in as we went before Xmas and really enjoyed it. Got a drink sat down on the only table free next to the kitchen. We ordered our food at 18:50 and got told the wait is 30 mins which was fair enough because it was busy. The music from the kitchen was loud and the chefs singing voices even louder we didn't mind that what we did mind was the swearing coming out of there. At 19:40 we asked how long our food would be to be told it was on its way. When It arrived it looked nice.we were so wrong!!!! My boyfriend had a steak and chicken combo I had a BBQ chicken melt wrap. The chicken and steak had large bits of gristle which was bizzare for it to be in chicken. My wraps were cold and the melt bit was missing from my wrap just grated cheese. I sent mine back which the staff were more then happy to help. By the time it came back it was passed 20:00 and I had given up it was still the same but I just wanted to go home and left.
The bar staff were lovely but I think you need some new chefs!!!!!!!

1  Thank Suzieloo