“Staff unwelcoming and the food just as bad”
Review of Bombay Palace

Bombay Palace
Ranked #293 of 584 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Award winning Bombay Palace was first established in 1980. We serve some of the finest food in town, in a pleasant setting, for the best possible experience. Our dishes are known to impress and inspire!Sun-Thurs 2 for 1 Main Course Special Offer for dining in. Fri - Sat Early Bird Offer 20% discount when dining in.25% discount on collected take away orders.Sun-Thurs Free delivery over £20 (within 3 miles)Street Food Special Event Nights Coming Soon!-For 1 night only each week,sample indias favourite street food dishes. A new street food menu each week, only at the bombay palace.New Exciting Menu Launching Soon!- Amri Scallop, Hariyali Tikka, Bombay Shank and Sylheti Chops to name but a few!Register Now at Our Website To Get a Free Starter
Coventry England
“Staff unwelcoming and the food just as bad”
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Went to the Bombay Indian Resteraunt Saturday 22nd Oct with my sons and brother,when we got there the place was empty, beautiful settings but the staff looked so angry, not what you want when you have just walked in. It was if we shouldn`t have been there, everything was rushed and not by us.When the food arrived the chicken was of poor quality and it was supposed to be a madras, well I love my curries as you will see in previous posts but this was ridiculas. Hot was not the word for it, I had to leave the majority of it.. I just hope the owners look on Trip Advisor and see what they really are like.I shall not be returning for quite a while, if ever. Keep well clear as its not cheap either.

• Visited October 2011

“Great tasting food”
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Only ate here once but it was the best Indian I ever had, I dont eat Indian food very often and it's not really my preferred choice. However when I do go I like to try something different. Sadly I can not remember what it was called (lamb pieces and minced lamb in a dark red sauce) but it was truly amazing! By far the tastiest and most flavoursome Indian dish I have ever had and the rest of my table were also very happy with their meals. A+ for this restaurant.

England
“Delicious food in an unpretentious atmosphere”
Reviewed February 4, 2011

My husband and I often visit this particular Indian restaurant as it is one of our favourite in the city. We visited lastnight for an impromptu midweek curry, and the experience was as pleasurable as it always is.

The people who work in Bombay Palace are always very attentive, and there is never any delay in them greeting you as you walk in the door. Lastnight the restaurant wasn't very busy, but I've always found them to be attentive even if the restaurant is packed, as it often is on a Friday or Saturday evening. The waiters are patient and one didn't mind talking my husband through some of the new dishes on the menu at length. Very friendly.

The food was delicious. I can't remember the name of what I ordered, but it had king prawns, aubergine and mushrooms in it and it was absolutely done to perfection. Servings are generous but not to the point of being unable to eat them and everything is cooked to perfection... and always is.

The atmosphere last night was a bit flat as the restaurant wasn't very busy, but I have been in there on weekend nights when it's really been buzzing.

I most liked that the waiters will happily share a joke with you, and spend the time trying to advise you towards dishes they think you might like. I didn't like so much that the restaurant was a bit quiet, but as I say I've been in there many a time when it's buzzing.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank SocialButterfly81
Coventry
“Consistent, sometimes excels”
Reviewed January 4, 2011

The menu can be complex but Fish curry is usually very good, especially like the aubergine, tomato and egg with the added chilli being just enough to lift the dish. Keep it simple with dahl soup, side veg like bhindi and plain Naan. The lamb cylon curry sauce although nicely spiced but in the end a bit boring and the lamb a bit underdone.Smaller place with friendly staff, smooth service.

• Visited December 2010