“Brilliant, warm, friendly Indian Restaurant”
Review of The Ocean

The Ocean
Ranked #26 of 594 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Fabulous!!! best way to describe this place. Iqbal, the owner/head chef is so warm, friendly and funny, he should be on TV!! I went last night and had lamb shank off the specials menu, the meat fell off the bone and melted in my mouth. You need to go, now. do not be put off by the parking, Jubilee Crescent is notorious for problem parking, but there is always a space,you just have to look, and as for the decor, it suits somehow, the staff are slightly eccentric too, so the decor fits right in lol

6  Thank Trudy N

Reviewed March 13, 2013

The best food in coventry from the vibrant chef iqi, has won numerous awards and deservedly with the personality to match. I recommend this place to family and friends and have took business clients for meetings here. I can not stress enough how good this place is. Whether it be business or pleasure not to try iqi's Indian delights will always be a loss!

4  Thank anon000000
Reviewed February 20, 2013

If you require a hearty munch, icky's little del boy style curry house will please most appetites. Its a great place, the staff, mailnly the owner, icky will make you you smile with his humour at some point guaranteed.. The food was mighty tasty, infact Im going back for a takeaway in a min.
Some have commented on the decor,, for me it made me smile, im there for the food. food mixed with atmosphere = well worth a visit.. note to all, can get busy !!!!!! so book !!!!!

3  Thank vic v
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Even though we only live a little while away from here this is the first time I have visited this superb restaurant. I can only have been stupid to have not visited before. We went to the restaurant in the gap between Christmas and New Year looking for an alternative to turkey! We entered into the restaurant and were greeted by fantastic friendly atmosphere with a charismatic host who was incredible funny. The menu had a wide choice and any questions asked about the food were answered with an excellent knowledge of the dishes on offer as well as suggestions to thing that might suit our tastes. The service was prompt and the food was to an excellent standard the best curry I have had in fact. I will be definitely visiting more often now I know about the quality on offer! It is well worth a visit for great food and an entertaining host.

3  Thank sammy1r
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

The best, home cooked Indian food in Coventry, the only drawback being the terrible parking .
Service is beyond incredible, food is the best and the portions are huge! (And I'm a 17st. Bloke!)
I won't eat anywhere else anymore!

3  Thank Kantaryll