“Staff rude.”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“Staff rude.”
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

In a nutshell. 12 of us booked table for birthday. Showed us to our table. We ordered our drinks. Then waited 30 minutes for someone to take order. Finally when they came over they said order starters and mains straight away as we need you to hurry because another group of people may need the table. Member of staff then said 'this is Akbars and it's how we operate'. We were gobsmacked. We paid for drinks and went elsewhere. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone as the service for a restaurant was very poor.

4 Thank Ranjit T

Coventry, UK
“Not very impressed with this place”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Came here last Friday night (13th September) with my sister and brother-in-law. Thought we'd give it a go as none of us have been here for a few years. Very busy but service was ok and we didn't have to wait long for our food. All our dishes arrived and we tucked in straightaway however half way through our main course my sister found a long black hair in her curry! Not what you would expect from a place like this considering their food isn't the cheapest. We informed the waiter and he offered to make my sister another curry but to be honest this had spoilt our appetites! We were told the curry would be taken off the bill and the waiter also made a remark which I felt was quite rude and basically implied that my sister had put it in there herself! He said that no one with long hair had access to the kitchen so he couldn't understand how it had got there. About 10 minutes later I observed a waitress with long black curly hair coming out if the kitchen so obviously what he told us was untrue! Anyway we asked for the bill and when it arrived they had not taken the dish off so we had to ask for them to remove it from the bill. They did in the end and also took a rice and naan bread off the bill. I was really quite disappointed with this place and I'm in no rush to go back to be perfectly honest!

Coventry, United Kingdom
“Amazing, Tasty Food”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We went to Akbar's last week on the spur of the moment. From the moment we entered, the service was superb. The waiter's were fast and prompt. Food was extremely tasty. We ordered three different dishes and they all tasted different. Being Asian, I know my curries. The portions were good size and well worth the money. Will definetly go here again and recommend this place.

COVENTRY
“Amazing food every time!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

myself and my family come here regularly and the food is always stunning! i have been with many sets of friends and family members and each time the food is lovely! the staff are polite and welcoming and the ambiance is very relaxed, the decor is also really lovely. perfect for birthday meals or nights out!

• Visited August 2013
Coventry, United Kingdom
“It was beautiful”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We have been using akbars for a long time and every time we go the service is really good. The food was totally delicious and hot. The staff are very welcoming and friendly x love it therexx

• Visited July 2013