“My Favourite Curry House in Coventry.”
Review of Ally's Balti House

Ally's Balti House
Ranked #82 of 594 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Taking price into account, I don't think you can find a better Indian restaurant in Coventry. I've been to Ally's several times and the food has never disappointed. The atmosphere varies from relaxed to quite lively on some of the busier nights, and the service is informal but efficient. To top it off, Ally's is strictly BYOB, which suits me down to the ground.

If you want the best curry in Coventry, you have a choice between Ally's and Tumeric Gold. Both are worth visiting, but only one have I found myself going back to, time and again. That's Ally's.

1  Thank Jacob R

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I love eating out in Earlsdon and usually midweek don't have a problem with getting a table at late notice. There is a great selection of Asian cuisine to choose from and this particular evening chose to go to Ally's as I hadn't been there for about 12 months. I really wish I had gone with my original choice but unfortunately it was closed due to Eid. I must say I don't recall Ally's being this bad the last time I went. Yes the decor makes it quite a traditional 'Balti House' but it did not look particularly clean. When seated by the window which was very nice on a warm evening, I realised the table had s sticky surface so everything that was put on the table stuck to it. The service wasn't particularly inspiring but when the food did arrive I had to ask a second time for a spare plate which when it did eventually arrive the food was getting quite cold. But my biggest dissapointment was the chicken in both dishes looked and tasted like processed chicken, almost like sliced chicken roll. The sauces were ok and the side dishes and bread were ok too but the 'chicken' was quite a putt off so will probably not go again. Haven't seen any other reviews that say the same so hopefully if I read that this was maybe just a one off I may return in the future.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We've eaten here many times, and whilst the quality of the food is good, and the portions are fine, it all seems to be at their convenience. They had free tables, but wouldn't seat us (a couple) as on a Friday night they could fill a table of 4 or 6. Fine, fill them on weeknights too then, when we generally visit, as we won't be doing that again.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

very good service and food, good atmosphere and very friendly helpful staff, nice setting and very clean, very helpful from the reservation making to the bill, drinks can be stored and tables decorated, staff even brought out the cake, very good service

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Always been reliable but not outstanding food but 3 main dishes last night were very good indeed (Chicken tikka balti was sublime).
Décor still the same but I suppose this is getting to be an institution now!
Service was a bit disorganised but lots of staff so no delays.
Best place for the cheapest restaurant in Earlsdon