“Tasty food and a friendly service”
Review of Zorbas

Zorbas
Ranked #87 of 618 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 11, 2011

We have been regular diners over the past couple of years and have enjoyed every visit.

The lamb dishes are superb and I would recommend both Kleftico and Souvlaki. They have some good wines or wash the meal down with a glass of Mythos a good greek beer.

This family run business offers a good and friendly service.

Being positioned just a few minutes by car from the centre of Coventry you will find it easy to park the car.

3  Thank Jeff B

Reviewed March 25, 2011

Has gone downhill, food used to be much better, atmosphere still good though, great for a party.

Reviewed January 30, 2011

me and my hubby went here on friday eve. service was friendly we got the starter they were just warm and the plate was far to small for it.. they rushed the mains again was just warm and very very bland was not really happy with the quality of the food .. so i would not recomend it.

Reviewed September 27, 2010

Based on the reviews here on Trip Advisor I booked a table at Zorbaz.

Whether I had too high a level of expectation I don't know but I was rather disappointed with the whole experience.

The decor was rather cold and the lighting harsh.

Onto the food; the portions were not generous, starters were served on a plate of a size most resturants use for bringing the bill and a few mints. My Kleftico was well cooked and the meat fell off the bone, but it was too bland. I've had much better in pub restaurants. It was 'garnished' with half a plate of shredded lettuce which ending up swimming in the graby. The Moussaka was poor.

There were three Rose wines on the menu but they had no stock of any of them. We were offered a bottle of Blossom Hill, probably straight out of Tesco. I ordered a J2O to drink, was given a choice of four flavours but the one I chose arrived as something different.

The live music was probably a little too loud.

The one saving grace for the evening was our hysterically funny waiter, who wouldn't have been out of place in Fawlty Towers. I think he was new and his antics weren't deliberate, he was so charmless and inept it was funny. Completely untrained I think.

Finally the bill. We asked three times for it and waited 15 minutes before we got fed up and walked up to the desk to pay. They seemed to have trouble making the bills up yet the place wasn't exactly busy for a Saturday evening.

Not one to revisit.

3  Thank ChrisPaul_F
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Brilliant place to eat in Coventry!!! Don't be put off by the location.

1  Thank 2cov