“Very Disappointing!!”

Ranked #10 of 54 Birmingham B&B and Inns
Redhill, United Kingdom
“Very Disappointing!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I recently stayed here on business, however as soon as i checked in my experience was an 'utter' disappointment and i will never be staying here again. I was in the triple room on my own, however i thought i was going to have double. I walked into the room and it smelt of urine!

I went downstairs to complain, however i was treated as though i was lying. I asked for another room but was told they were fully booked, after a while i convinced someone to come and have a look which she did. When they walked in they denied they could smelly anything and proceeded to spray any freshener to get rid of the smell. The cold tap in the sink didn't work and when i mentioned this i was told that i was at the end of corridor the water pressure wasn't good.

Room Tip: Don't bother!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Floyd197509

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Torfaen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Great little hotel ! We had been invited to a wedding party in Hall Green and found this little gem of a place thanks to TripAdvisor. Very friendly, helpful lady on reception - Mandy, who put us into a family room ( £71 ) overlooking the dog track. Well, not everyone made it to the wedding party-my husband really enjoyed his night at the dogs-free admission to hotel residents.
Our room was fine : loads of towels, firm mattresses, hospitality tray with biscuits, T.V., bath and shower over- bring your own shower cap !
Breakfast next morning was plentiful , tasty and again served with a smile. Range of cereals, juices, yogurt, fruit and bacon, scrambled eggs, sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes, baked beans and not so great hash browns ! Plenty of tea, coffee and toast.
Really good value for money and outstanding service-lovely staff who work really hard to ensure your stay is as pleasant as possible. I would love to return and go to the dogs myself! Great place for a weekend trip- shopping in B'ham and dogs by night !

Room Tip: Go for one overlooking the dog track ! It's not noisy, honest !
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank MargaretPonthir
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

great hotel great value for money staff were brilliant with my 2 young children couldn't do enough for us food was very good will be returning. location right where we needed it for the dog would recommend this hotel ***** :-)

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank gem2630
Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Sorry but this is one of many visits I have made to the lodge but never got round to leaving a review, first of rooms "does what it says on the tin" clean, plenty of space nice bathroom and lashings of hot water and free Wi-Fi, staff "brilliant" all go out of their way to speak to you and greet you and one even sings "she dint think I was their at the time" whilst servicing the rooms (very well I might add).
Breakfast always good and plenty of choice, food is cooked by real people who again go out of their way to make sure every thing is ok for you.
Free ample parking and backs on to the dog track if you fancy a flutter.

To summarise great place, great rooms, free Wi-Fi, free ample parking, good food and the best customer service I have come across all for around £50 to £60 "brilliant".

Would I come back, well I have several times and will continue to when I working in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dave k
Durham, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed here on business a week ago. Easy to make a booking on line. I requested an upstairs room, quiet as possible.

When I arrived, they had indeed given me what I'd requested, not always the case with some hotels!

Very friendly staff, the room was excellent and LARGE, with a view over the greyhound track.( No racing on that night, shame! ). Pillows a bit hard for my liking... otherwise absolutely no issues at all.

Breakfast was very good, and included in a bargain price of £59.00

Yes, it's in a strange setting, but easy enough to find and perfectly safe. Plenty of choice of eateries in the area, and a couple of supermarkets if you want to stock up.

Definitely recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for Upper Floor and backing onto the Greyhound Stadium. VERY quiet!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Rhyl, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

We needed a 1 night stay B&B as I was on a course and needed somewhere nearish to make a mini break of it.

For £59, for the 2 of us (great breakfast included) its fantastic value. Clean warm rooms, slept like a log, bath was the shallowest I've ever seen though (also had shower above it)

Plenty of parking, Sizzler-type pub 100 yards down the road.

Friendly staff, and free entry to the dog racing (Friday & Saturday nights)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed for one night in a double room. The lodge was one of my best stays in a while, I travel frequently and I just loved the friendly atmosphere of this little hotel. The area in which it is situated is fine, don't be put off by some reviews. The room was clean and very spacious, with a lovely shower in the bathroom! It is very reasonably priced, as this includes a large breakfast with lots of variety. Above all I think what makes this hotel such a little gem, is that fact that all staff who work there are very friendly and approachable. Nice to receive a customer service, that even some five star establishments fail to deliver. I would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Premier Inn Birmingham South (Hall Green) Hotel
Novotel Birmingham Airport
Novotel Birmingham Airport
#22 of 118 in Birmingham
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,266 reviews

Been to The Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!