“Faultless”

Ranked #11 of 52 Birmingham B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Faultless”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I say faultless. Now, I could be picky, impolite and irrelevant. That is however not me. I found no fault with this hotel. I stayed for two nights, as I was attending an event in Kingsheath. On arrival, I was given a room which was fantastic. Room for a double bed, ensuite, and a three piece suite! Also, a TV which I am sure was a 35/37"! The staff. Well, what can I say. You felt like you were staying in a family home, but much biogger, with personal space. There was nothing that they would not do for you, 24/7. When I went to the dining room/bar fro breakfast, everything was brilliant. I like fried bread, I mentioned it, so they did some for me.
The Lodge also has a facility which I value. For the last few years, I had stayed at a Premier Inn in Hall Green, a nice place, but something was missing - designated smoking bedrooms. Hotels/Guest Houses/B&Bs are allowed to designate some of their bedrooms as designated smoking rooms. These are not public areas. Hotel bedrooms are classed as temporary residence for paying guests, and are exempt under the Health Act 2006. As a smoker, I am grateful that hotels such as The Lodge in Hall Green designate some of their bedrooms as smoking rooms.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank timbone51

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 5, 2012

From the outside this hotel looks quite modern,there is a small reception area that is quite presentable. On entering your room there is a notable difference, the furniture and fittings are worn frayed and scratched,even the floor covering in the bathroom moved about when you stood on it.Overall this is a "cheap as chips" hotel that provides basic facilities at a reasonable price. There is a breakfast offered at extra cost that is very good but sadly there is no other meals on offer,there is a small bar that only offers Carling on draught.The staff are polite and very helpfull so no compliants there, mind your car as there is alot of vans that use there carpark.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room that looks onto the Greyhound track as there is some noise from there service...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Very friendly and helpful staff. Smoking & non smoking rooms, free wifi with a small bar, lovely cooked breakfast. Next door to the greyhound track. Very quiet (stayed in the week), clean, takeaway menus available and a pub that serves reasonable priced tasty food under 5 mins stroll. We would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Polly E
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2012

very helpful, pleasant staff , room was large , clean , comfortable the breakfast was great ,and as myself and husband are smokers we had a smoking room great stuff !!!!. Went to see george micheal at the LG arena taxi to and from cost £24.00 which "nancy" on reception sorted for us she said to go to the hotel plaza on return journey , we decided to have a drink ....£11.00 for 2 single vodkas rip off.... at the lodge less than £6.00 defoe stay here again
thanks again to nancy and crew xx

Room Tip: room 109 smokers room over looking the greyhound track very nice
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank pam p
lancashire
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We visit this area of Birmingham very often as we grew up here.
Don't be put off by previous reports of the area looking suspicious, it's fine.
The hotel was as it 'said on the tin' and definately all reviews were correct that the staff are all very friendly and helfpul.
The room had everything you needed and maybe just a little dated but as I said for my heading 'you gets what you pay for'. So for this reasonable price it was all fine.
Breakfast was 'no frills' but again wasn't inedible or anything.
So I would suggest if you need to be in this area of Birmingham go for it.
We also liked overlooking the greyhound track and would have loved to have seen some racing but be aware if you want a quiet night in, race nights here would not be suitable for you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 1mapfan
London
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I too was put off of this Hotel due to location but on our arrival was very pleasantly surprised. We entered via the stadium entrance and was becoming slightly concerned until we went full circle and arrived outside the Lodge. It was a very pretty entrance and there was ample parking. We were greeted by a very friendly receptionist who immediately suggested changing our room as she said, there's a wedding in the function room nearby and it may be a little noisy later, which I thought was very considerate. Our room overlooked the greyhound track, the room was lovely and clean a good size with A couch and 28' TV, perfect for our requirements. Plenty of tea and coffee sachets. The Breakfast next morning was lovely a choice of pastries and cereals, followed by a full English breakfast,again served by such friendly and helpful staff. Would certainly recommend and will definitely stay here again when I next visit Birmingham.

Room Tip: Try for a room overlooking the track, a nice outlook. PS ignore the rating for the pool above, click...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank janicewilliams38
Dublin
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Myself and my partner stayed here on Monday 20th August while he was searching for a place to live in the area.
The location was perfect for us. The hotel itself is very clean, rooms are very well sized - large double bed and a couch.
Another thing I absolutley have to mention is the staff!! They were fab!! From Jane who checked us in to Nancy who was on duty that evening and to Kay who cooked our yum breakfast! They were all great and very friendly!
The corridors could do with a lick of paint but the place is perfect for friendly staff and a homely atmosphere!
My partner found somewhere to live so I won't be staying here again - but will highly reccommend it when he has family and friends over to visit!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business