“CHEF PREFERS TALIKING ON HIS MOBILE PHONE!!”
Review of La Fibule

La Fibule
Ranked #178 of 2,210 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Moroccan
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Moseley and Kings Heath
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“CHEF PREFERS TALIKING ON HIS MOBILE PHONE!!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The ideal of how not to run a business!
Food is good, the service standards are low.
Chinese Woman mopping toilets in view of clients.
Waiter who can deal with one client per hour.
A strain to order a soft drink.
Unimpressive!

Staffs
“Very Unusual”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I went here for the first time last week to celebrate a cousins birthday,it was a long way from where we live but the food was well worth making the trip for. The food was really delicious and the service was good & friendly. My only complaint was the fact that we were really cold, I know the weather has been cold lately but every time the door opened we had a cold blast of air hit us and it meant we didn't want to stay there longer than necessary.

Coventry, United Kingdom
“Amazing Moroccan!!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We went to La Fibule last night with 4 friends (6 in the total party). I was a little apprehensive as I've never had moroccan food before but it was lovely!! Extremely fresh, beautifully presented and the staff were just the right amount of attentive. The restaurant is also BYOB which made a nice change and they also don't charge you corkage which was even better!!
8/10 overall.

1 Thank Ali H
Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great night out”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I had a lovely evening here with a friend last night. I live in Moseley but hadn't been here for years as I wasn't keen when it first opened. However, it was a different experience this time. I took a bottle of champagne and the waiters kindly put it in a bucket of ice for me. Service was good and friendly throughout. My mussels in chermoula sauce were wonderful. My friend was equally pleased with her crab and avocado which she said was fresh and tasty. My halibut with spinach, raisins and pine nuts was amazing. Really moist and delicious. My friend was chuffed with her fish tagine which I sampled and was impressed. I'd have given this review 5 stars if the pudding was up to scratch. It wAsnt. I ordered a pear and frangipane tart but it was more like a sponge. The honeycomb ice cream didn't taste of honeycomb. My friend's dessert of date pudding was lovely though and I was rather jealous. Great place to eat. Just needs to improve on desserts. If it had been described as a sponge I probably wouldn't have ordered it. My friend had a coffee. We also had bread, olives, sides of sauté potatoes and couscous and the total bill was £64.

Alcester, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Just returned from a delicious meal at this lovely Moroccan restaurant - food delicious and service excellent.

• Visited March 2013