“Tasty burgers!”

Neighborhood: Ladywood
Loughborough, England, United Kingdom
“Tasty burgers!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Really tasty burgers..& fries are addictive. It was my first visit to a GBK and I really enjoyed it. Download the GBK app and you can earn freebies (even better!) Will definately be back.

West Midlands
“Not Family Friendly”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

As a happy customer of the handmade burger company, myself, husband and one year old daughter decided to try the Gourmet Burger at the Mailbox.

On arrival we were told to "follow me" to a table, however, the waiter decided that on the way to a table we would stop off at the serving hatch where he proceeded to mess around with some orders and food waiting to be served, eventually he turned to us and said "sit anywhere" so as the restaurant was pretty much empty (should have told us something that it was empty at 6.30pm on a Saturday!) we say down at a table for 4, so I could leave my daughter in her pushchair as she had fallen asleep.
Once we sat down the waiter came over and said we couldn't sit there after all because of the pushchair.
So we stood up and asked him where would he like us to sit after all? He put us in the furthest tightest corner where I was then blocking an emergency exit with the pushchair.
My husband decided that we should leave.
On the way out I spoke to the supervisor about how we were told we could sit anywhere, only to be told...actually we couldn't. The waiter came over said he wasn't being aggressive? And then proceeded to have a loud stand up argument with me in the middle of the restaurant. The supervisor and my husband stated at us in disbelief. Apparently it's their policy that they let you sit where you want. Clearly not!
So rather upset at being shouted at, we left the restaurant. I composed myself and we went to the restaurant next door. An Italian called Strada and what a world of difference! They were welcoming, polite, friendly, respectful and even disposed of my left over baby food and took my daughters spoon and washed it and brought it back to me. I suggest the staff of Gourmet visit the restaurant next door to see how real gourmet customer service is delivered!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Frankie2102
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
“If you like burgers...Enough said.”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Right by the canal, this place offers something very simple though elusive to some, great burgers!
If your have that craving i would certainly recommend gbk!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank KKariuki
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Not bad for a quick bit to eat”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We eat out a lot so decided I wouls do a few reviews of the places we've been to...As far as a burger place goes this is actually not that bad. A massive bonus is that the I did not find the food greasy at all. The chicken satay is a nice starter while you wait and the blue cheese dip is very nice with the skinny skinny chips (they are really skinny). Not had a problem with any food in here to be fair and there is not much of a wait. Free nuts while you wait if you want them. Not the cheapest but then its nicer then and Burger King so I can't realluy complain about that :-). We quite like going here for casual food on a weekend. Its not somewhere that you go for a romantic meal but then I don't think most people would anyway and its not portrayed in that way.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jamie B
Hereford, United Kingdom
“RUDEST STAFF .”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Read all those reviews that state how terrible this place is. Just the VERY worst staff it has been my misfortune to encounter. Pleas give this dump a wide berth. Absolute hell hole, with service by sewer rats.

• Visited July 2013