“No frills, tasty food”

Cuisines: Chinese, Malaysian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stopped here for a pre- theatre bite to eat, as nearby. The style is unfussy, more cafe than restaurant really. I had chicken skewers to start which were gorgeous. My main meal was chicken in a spicy sauce, supposedly mild but quite hot to me. Very nice all the same. The service was really quick and reasonably priced too. I would definitely be happy to make a return visit.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have been here many many times. This is great authentic Malaysian food. I often come when I'm feeling homesick and crave Chinese cuisine. Friendly atmosphere, don't expect silver service and linen dressed tables this is canteen/cafe cash only Asia style just the way it should be!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Had the black bean tofu with aubergine, which was really good plus a Malay tofu dish that I wasn't overly keen on as it comes with big triangles of flavourless tofu, whilst the black bean tofu had lots of flavour. Staff really friendly but place a bit grubby.

1  Thank jhsmit
Reviewed March 3, 2013

if your looking for simple, authentic, fresh, real malaysian food look no further. yes its small but i think this adds to the friendly atmosphere. food is served with a smile on warm plates and washed down with free green tea. i have been going here for years and will continue to do so. an excellent no frills eatery.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Having been in Malaysia recently I wondered what I was going to get here. I needn't have worried. This was great freshly cooked food that was as good as I had in the country. What let it down was the place itself. At best a canteen. No atmosphere, or any attempt at one. If you take it for what it is you'll love it, but if you want a nice place to have dinner, I can't say this is the place to go.