“Food nice and good vaue”
Review of Malaysian Delight

Malaysian Delight
Ranked #320 of 2,379 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Chinese, Malaysian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Late night meal- very good. Member of staff was having a bit of an argument with customer when we arrived but was friendly enough to us!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

The restaurant can be easily found, but it's a little bit small/packed.
Could dine here if you're craving for Malaysian food, close enough =) Staff are friendly as well.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

The menu is well done! They even have Nyonya dishes to be served. The place is bare, but in my opinion that just adds to the authenticity.
Perhaps the only thing that I didn't like is that the dish I had was more chilli than spicy hot, but otherwise the food was simply excellent!
(and the Satay was nicely nutty!)

1  Thank Druusi
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Suffering from gastronomic wistfulness having recently returned from Singapore, I stopped in here for a quick lunch. I ordered nasi lemak as this was one of the last delicious meals I had in the basement of a shopping centre on the Orchard Road (Food Opera if you are going there - in the shopping centre directly above the Orchard Road metro station).

Any way, I digress. The food at Malaysian Delight came fairly swiftly, was very tasty and easily comparable with the dish I had on Orchard Road. Steamed rice, chicken curry, sambal, pickled veg, crispy anchovy garnish, roasted peanuts, cucumber - all washed down with a mug of Chinese tea. The whole lot came to £8. Bargain!

This is a very basic place - pine tables and absolutely no frills, but if you want to fill up on reasonably priced Malaysian dishes it is well worth a try.

I did not find the place dirty and the ladies' loo had everything it needed.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We went there today for our lunch and we ordered from the set lunch menu. As I recalled, the £5.99 lunch menu per person has limited choices and you will have 1 free drink (orange – Fanta, Chinese tea or Coke) and a dessert (options are red bean soup, dough sticks, ice cream and soya milk) with your main meal. It does NOT have Malaysian dishes, e.g. nasi lemak, laksa, rending etc. in this lunch menu. It’s mainly Chinese dishes, like the one you can find from a Chinese takeaway.

If you want authentic Malaysian dishes, you will have to order from their other menu, which is slightly more expensive and does not include free drinks/dessert.

Overall, the lunch menu is ok and very economical. So if you want something quick and cheap, I would recommend it. It is more like a cafe than a restaurant.