All reviewsstudio apartmentbull ringsmall kitchencoach stationmicrowave grillsofa bedcity centredishwasher tabletshot cold buffetliving spacenew street stationkitchen facilitiesfitness roomminute walkself cateringluggage roomthese apartments
Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

Can’t fault anything with this hotel. Staff were helpful and friendly, room was spotless and perfectly equipped. Always someone on reception 24/7. We had to check out at 545am and it wasn’t a problem at all. 10 minute walk from the train station and literally 2 mins to the shops and restaurant Highly recommended place to stay

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amie K
David A, Duty Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2017

Dear Amie K,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am very pleased to hear you found the staff helpful and friendly and the apartment spotless.
I will make sure to pass these kind comments on to our reception team and housekeeping team.
We hope we will be able to welcome you back again in the near future.

Kizzy Osborne - Duty Manager

Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

Mattress and pillows leave a lot to be desired, while I like a firm mattress, this feels like what I imagine you would get in prison. I’ve seen comments about how good the soundproofing was, don’t know if I would agree with those statements, not so much from the noise inside of the hotel but you could hear everything from outside.

Overall a good hotel though, good value for money and friendly staff. The rooms are very well equipped and make it a very comfortable stay in the hotel.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
David A, Front Office Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2017

Dear Tupps89,

Thank you for your detailed review abut your stay at Adagio Birmingham City Centre. I am glad to hear you have had a comfortable stay with us and find our equipment's suitable for your needs. We use high quality memory foam mattresses, I am really sorry to hear that was uncomfortable for you. Please address your issues to our reception on your return visit to rectify without delay.
I look forward to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed October 30, 2017 via mobile

This was an excellent place to stay for a short break for a family of 4. It was very clean, modern and well equipped. Staff were efficient and the location was great. It was a few minutes walk to the Bullring and New Street Station. Would thoroughly recommend giving it a try.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank JillDWrexham

Dear JillDWrexham,

Thank you for your fantastic review and I am really appreciated about you recommend our Aparthotel to others. I am glad to learn you had such a great time with us an look forward to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed October 18, 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels
David A, Front Office Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2017

Reviewed October 18, 2017

We needed a hotel for myself, my wife and my 17 year old daughter as she was looking around the University and we wanted to spend some time in the City Centre so she could get a feel for the place.

Having priced up two rooms in various hotels I spotted this one which as an aparthotel had separate rooms. In the end we went for a one bed apartment as the sofa bed in the living room was ample for my daughter.

The hotel is in a slightly run down area but literally 200 yards from the famous bullring shopping centre and Selfridges.

We parked in Selfridges car park which was £20 for 24 hours, but probably the safest option. Just be aware that they lock the entrances after 10pm so you can't get your car out late at night (i.e. if you fancy a drive around the suburbs etc).

After exploring the city centre in the morning, we headed to the hotel via a short walk around the corner from the car park and checked in at around 3pm.

The hotel was clean and quiet and the staff friendly and helpful.

Our room was a Superior Apartment on the 6th floor, with a sweeping circular wall and windows looking towards the railway viaduct and Birmingham City's ground in the distance. We could see the University tower and the Cadbury World factory to the right.

We had a big clock tower right in front of us, but luckily it wasn't a chimer and actually made for a nice unusual view.

The bedroom was clean and the bed comfortable and there were plenty of wardrobes and hangers.

The hairdryer didn't work, but to be fair we didn't try to get it fixed as my wife had brought her own anyway.

The rooms were quiet and the air conditioning worked on both warm and cool settings.

The bathroom was spacious and clean and the shower ran hot and powerful.

If you don't want the facilities of a hotel (gym, concierge, bar etc) then this provides a nice alternative, especially if there are more than two of you needing separate sleeping accommodation.

Room Tip: 6th floor had practically no traffic or other external noise.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Romablade

Dear Romablade,

Thank you for your comments about your stay at Adagio Birmingham City Centre. I am glad to hear you had a pleasant stay with us and I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.