“Find somewhere else to eat.”
Review of bar room bar - CLOSED

bar room bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ladywood
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Decided to try this place with a group of friends one evening. We are all frequent visitors to the Mailbox however Nando's is normally top of the list for places to eat. On this occasion we came here and were so disappointed. The location of the restaurant is great and that's always a positive for the establishments here but the food was overpriced for the quality and the service would have been better in McDonalds. If you are looking for somewhere to eat try one of the other restaurants and avoid this one.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is one of those places that is ideally situated in the Mailbox so on a sunny day there will be 1000s of people walking by towards Brindly place. Bar room Bar doesnt have to try to attract customers as there will always be people walking by. This is so evident last night when i was meeting some friends thier for some LUNCH and a few beers. For starters we had to clear our own table. This is not because BRB is one of those super trendy venues where the customer is the restareunt - no its because the service was utterly crap. No table service to order drinks so once i cleared my table, i then had to wait like wallflower at the empty bar to be told by the arrogant nob that he was not going to serve me. Hang on thats a mistake - i wasnt told - as it was whispered in passing breath when he whisked by me to look pretty. The lack lustre ultimate burger was a beef patty that smelt of fish and a piece of coal masqarading as a chicken breast - no fries. I felt so let down by the burger that i actually wanted to go to get more drinks at least the solitude at the bar that iwould exerience with no body service me would allow me the time to reflex on the range of food that was available 10 secs away at the Tesco metro ? I could go on but why bother this is just one of those venues where they dont try to excel, they dont sell food they sell a experience and to be frank you could have an infiniately better experience at the local supermarket !

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I had pre-booked a table so when we arrived there was a table with my name on but was full of used dirty beer glasses and rubbish...this wasn't a good start. They had noticed my boyfriend and I arrive, but still didn't clear it up, they then watched me clean the table myself and continued do nothing about it. I'd like to point out, there were many other tables in the same state yet they had plenty of staff lounging around doing NOTHING. I was very excited about visiting bar room bar as I had been there a few years ago and was impressed, however I will not return and will advise others not to bother. The food as well as the service was overall disappointing (to say the least).

1  Thank ambershore
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Bought a bottle of Cidre, cost £4.10. Had to wait 5 minutes for service at 16.00 on a Monday, only about 6 others inside not waiting to be served. Went to local Spar next day, brought 3 bottles for £5. What a rip off with poor service.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

The lunch menu is great value for money and the pizzas are lovely. It's a fun bar with a good atmosphere. This place is a fun informal dining and drinking experience.