“Just ok”

Al Faisals
Ranked #796 of 2,198 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Pakistani
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Just ok”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I been there few times,the food is ok but the restaurant is always noisy and overcrowded.I will not go if I want nice cozy dinner with my family.People come a lot for birthday parties etc.

• Visited June 2013

Chonburi, Thailand
“Nice to be back!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Haven't been here for a long time as I am living overseas. However, was very pleased to see the place was still there and as good as ever.

Took some family there and we were a party of 10 all food was excellent and I certainly got the 'fix' I hadn't had in years, will have to go again before I fly out!

• Visited July 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Nice food but below average service”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The last time I came here was a few weeks ago for a birthday party. There were about 10 of us. We all ordered starters together, but a couple of us got our food after about 10 mins, then another couple after another 10 minutes, then the rest of us were served individually over the next 30 minutes. The food was nice though, nothing amazing, but nice.

Our mains came while most of us were still on the starters, so there was not enough room on the table so we had to pile a few dishes.

Our teas came individually too. They were all late, and a few were cold so we didn't even drink them! We complained and were told we didn't have to pay for the teas we didn't drink.

We had a special candle for the birthday girl's cake. We showed the waiter exactly how to light it, but he still came over (during the very quiet birthday song played on the speakers), put the cake in front of the birthday girl and asked us to light it!

We ordered a dessert to take with us (the gujrehlah), which is a carrot mixture. It was really not nice, and I know what gujrehlah is supposed to taste like as I've been eating it all my life!

The best thing to do is to order food (starters and mains, not desserts!) to take out, in my opinion.

This restaurant has had pretty bad service since it opened a few years ago, and it doesn't seem to be improving at all.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank acuriouswanderer
Walsall
“Just another recently decorated restaurant on Ladypool Road...”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

They're pretty much all the same here, if you like kebabs and curries, just pop into any one the newly refurbished restaurants along the Ladypool Road stretch and you'll have a similar experience. The juice drinks are relatively expensive. Food is average. Service is quite good.

Visited July 2013
Halifax
“Waited over an hour and a half for our food...”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We came with a large-ish group. Booked in advance. Ordered our food. We waited over an hour and a half. I can't count the number of times we were told that it would just be five minutes.
If they'd been honest with us from the start, we could have gone elsewhere.
VERY AVERAGE food - it really wasn't worth waiting for. I can cook better curry and I am not even Asian.
What's more they tried to charge 10% service charge. What service? We made them deduct that.
I had a very uncomfortable night's sleep after eating curry so late at night. I really wouldn't go back to this place. It was terrible.

• Visited July 2013