“Chilly chili”

Asha's Indian Resturant and Bar
Ranked #54 of 2,321 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ladywood
Description: Birmingham now has its very own brimful of Asha right here on Newhall Street. We're not kidding, Asha's is the latest addition to legendary Bollywood singer Asha Bhosle's empire. Following on from the success of restaurants in Kuwait and Dubai this is a place where fans of Indian music and Indian food can combine their passions. The space is large but intimate, decorated in a warm, welcoming style. And if you were concerned about theme-ish menus worry no more, from the fabulous Tandoori kebabs to the unmissable curries you'll be singing the praises of Asha's food all the way home.
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Visited Asha's on the recommendation of a friend. We didn't book but turned up at 6pm on a Saturday evening. We sat at the bar for a cocktail which was nice but couldn't help to notice how shabby the floor was and the bar decor. As we drank the cocktail we were shown to our seats, having carried our drinks (would have been by waiter in Middle East). The table was tiny and under air conditioning. We asked for another table but was told all booked yet 2/3 of the tables were empty whilst we were there and it was so cold I had to put my coat on! The food was nice and there was plenty of it, but was very salty. We had to wait a while before the dishes were cleared and it was suffix to get attention as we were in an anti room. Overall out experience would have been better with our friend!! Think there are other places to try before or if I return. Staff were friendly though, but not enough for me to come back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,512)

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I visited Ashas with 2 Indian business colleagues, One Veggie one not.
We had a mix of both Veg and Non veg. Everything was great.
The service was very attentive staff were close on hand. Although it was early evening and not very busy.
My colleagues loved the food and one thought the Paneer was the best he had tasted and they come from Delhi well renown for its Paneer.
They both felt the food was very authentic. For my part it was one of the nicest Indian meals I have had in Birmingham where I've lived all my life.
Price is not cheap but if you want a treat it swell worth a visit.

3  Thank Roger186402
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Went with my family for a saturday meal out, the restaurant was buzzing and fantastic atmosphere. the food was the best indian cuisine I have ever eaten and the waiters were helpful and charming!

Would defiantly go back there again!

5  Thank richardthf
Reviewed September 25, 2013

On a day visit to Birmingham, this restaurant was recommended to us by locals.
The service was very good and the food tasty but expensive.
My main complaint is that we were asked if we wanted poppadums before we ordered and then if we wanted pickles with them, which we did. However, on receiving the bill we were charged £2.25 for the pickles which is a) outrageous and b) the first time I've ever been charged for pickles! On ordering you have not had time to peruse the menu the realise that there will be this charge.
In short, good food and service but watch out for "hidden" charges

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Brilliant food.. But most of all absolutely fantastic service! If you want good food and brilliant service this place is a must. Our waiter tonight shaan made our trip to Asha's even better :)