“Superb in every way!”

Asha's Indian Resturant and Bar
Ranked #56 of 2,313 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ladywood
Description: Birmingham now has its very own brimful of Asha right here on Newhall Street. We're not kidding, Asha's is the latest addition to legendary Bollywood singer Asha Bhosle's empire. Following on from the success of restaurants in Kuwait and Dubai this is a place where fans of Indian music and Indian food can combine their passions. The space is large but intimate, decorated in a warm, welcoming style. And if you were concerned about theme-ish menus worry no more, from the fabulous Tandoori kebabs to the unmissable curries you'll be singing the praises of Asha's food all the way home.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was encouraged to go to Asha's a while ago yet only went in May and quickly followed it up with a visit in June such was the quality of the first occasion.

Situated in the CBD it is no shock that Asha's attracts a lot of business clientele and unsurprisingly the prices reflect this. As a Brummie it is easy to retain a fixed mindset the CURRY = CHEAP, lose this mindset and you will have an enjoyable evening at one of the finest South Asian establishments in town.

On both occasions I shared the Tandoori Raan (leg of lamb) starter which needs to be ordered 24 hours in advance. A more lucullan dish you will struggle to fine. A beautiful combination of spice and skilful cooking make this a must if you plan in advance to visit. For my main I chose the soft shell crab which again I thoroughly enjoyed and would recommend. A little sweet for my liking but certainly worth trying.

I tend to avoid wine in South Asian establishments so cannot comment on the wine menu but the beer was cold, crisp and traditional (although probably brewed in the UK !) and was served quickly when required.

On both occasions I visited it was either early or mid week and on each occasion the atmosphere was excellent. I intend a weekend visit next time and hope it will be very soon as this is certainly one of my favoured destinations in the city centre.

3  Thank Samuel S

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is the second time I've been here, and the place never disappoints! Warm, prompt welcome when you arrive and taken straight to our table. Given menus and asked for any drinks; good selection of beers and wines, with I had but the wife had one of their amazing non-alcoholic cocktails 'Tropicana' which she said was one of the nicest drinks she's ever tried!!!

The food was amazing, and brought to our table promptly and presented to us with a smile from the very courteous waitresses.

Offers good value for money considering the a 5* Indian restaurant, with the mains ranging from between £10-20.

Will definitely be returning again soon ;)

1  Thank Jonah2000
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Been here a number of times and never disappointed, excellent service from the moment you walk in the door. Very friendly and helpful staff, waiters are exceptionally knowledgeable about the menu, food is well presented and by far the best in Birmingham. Personal favorites are any of the kebabs or chicken tikka chaat for starters, and if sharing the whole lobster for main course. The cocktails from the bar are also well worth a mention. Overall great food and atmosphere and I will definitely be back!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I am quite happy because Asha's is only 5 minutes walk from where I live.... the food is amazing (lamb biryani - my favourite, highly recommended ), the cocktails are fab ( The Maharaja's Mistress - best cocktail I've ever had in my life)!
The prices are good (based on the portion size and the venue) – a main course costs between £10-20 GBP and the staff really know how to make you feel comfortable.

2  Thank Cosmin C
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Came here with my partner for a nice meal. We're both avid Asian cuisine lovers, him being of Pakistani origin.
The decor was nice, atmosphere wasn't brilliant but at 7.30 it was still early.
We were seated, and given a drinks menu & food menus. We ordered soft drinks, both a coke. The waiter came back and we ordered our meals, a sharing grilled platter for starter and when it arrived we deffinatley weren't dissapointed. It was beautiful, lovely tender meat, with elegant flavours. A real tasty dish. The restaurant itself began to pick up but it still lacked ambiance. We then ordered a glass of Mango Lassi, I found this very satisfactory whilst my partner wasn't too fond of it, but I put this down to him being fussy. Then came our main meals, a lamb saffron biriyani, a curry of his choice and two keema nans. Words fail to describe our complete disappointment. The food completely lacked flavour, the biriyani had an awfully strange taste to it. And the meat was extremely tough. I would not recommend this restaurant. It was over priced. It lacked ambiance. And the staff (front of house)were not very friendly.