“Convenient and convivial”

Stageside Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are sorry - StageSide is now closed. Any patrons with StageSide reservations will have their booking transferred to Birmingham Hippodrome's Circle Restaurant or one of our hospitality suites. This will be confirmed to you by email or phone - you don't need to contact us - and if you want to adapt your reservation in anyway, you can let us know then. You're guaranteed a warm welcome at Circle Restaurant, it's conveniently situated on Middle Circle (level 3) of our foyer, a few steps from the auditorium and accessible from our Hurst Street main entrance around the corner.
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We had lunch here before the matinee performance of Phantom. We were able to park right behind the restaurant. The food was very good and the service was slick and friendly. The portions seemed plenty big enough for us. The waitresses were helpful and cheerful and we would book here again pre theatre.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

service was good, friendly and efficient. The food was at best average, and the portions rather small. There wasn't enough mashed potato to go with the Guinness pie which wasn't really hot enough, veg was well cooked, I also had the apple crumble which was also a little on the small side and dry, needed cream or ice cream to go with it as standard not as an extra. Overall a bit disappointing. A nice place to visit pre show as it is so near the Hippodrome but food needs a little improvement for it to be worth a second visit.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

six of us went to the restaurant before seeing phantom of the opera.the waitress was very welcoming and friendly and the food was great.The steak and guiness pie was so tender.the apple pie and ice cream was wonderful but could have done with a little more toffee sauce.We went back after the show and had cheese board.Three different cheeses ,grapes,celery butter and crackers.very good.Be back again

1  Thank maggiecheslynhay
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Never used tripadvisor before but wanted to make a comment on my amazing evening at stageside.
I had the steak and Guinness pie which was beautifully cooked and the smoked bacon really set off the flavour. Someone else in the group had fishcakes which I sneak a taste of 1 word amazing.

It is easily the best restaurant in the area and whenever I go to the hippodrome which I am for lion king and hairspray I will be back and will be looking forward to it!!

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Ate in the restaurant before phantom.
I had a great experience there. I had a ribeye steak which was cooked perfectly and the accompanying sweet onions were gorgeous. The girl who I came in with had the chicken with crush potato and mustard sauce which she said was beautiful.

The only gripe I have with the experience which was the fries with the steak I would prefer chunkier chips rather than fries but that is just a small nitpicking issue.

Definitely be back soon