“Amazing”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ladywood
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Service was impeccable, the food was unbelievable and the wine was to die for. A bit pricey but thats what you expect with a michelin star restaurant. The only downgrade was they added the 12.5% tip without asking which annoyed me deeply! but overall excellent and I will go again.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Great food and excellent service . Particularly enjoyed the duck, best I have ever had! We went to celebrate a birthday and had the lunchtime set menu. Each course was clearly explained and the tastes were amazing.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We went for a birthday meal on 02.03.2013 and we cannot praise purnells enough, the food was simply the best we have ever had, we were lucky enough for have been given a Voucher for Christmas so that went towards the cost as the bill came to £240.00 which is well out of our range for a night out.
For a very special evening then this is the place to go and we would save up and go again.
The staff were wonderful.
Many thanks Lyn and Shawn Marshall

Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went on his birthday, on the recommendation of a friend. I wasnt sure what to expect. The food was amazing. My husband enjoys most food and loved the way the food is presented. I tried lots of things I wouldn't normally eat. I don't normally eat fish and there are Quite a few fish dishes, that I tried and enjoyed. There was 1 that I decided not to try and it was happily replaced. The service is excellent and would highly recommend this for a nice evening of surprising dining. I am returning in a couple of weeks with a larger party and am very much looking forward to it.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

First time I've eaten here. We're not very good at planning ahead and every time I've called for "a table next weekend" I've always been mildly irritated by the manner of the lady the other end of the phone sneeringly telling me how I can't possibly get a table at such short notice.
Anyway she's either been sacked, left or some other evil has befell her because on this occasion we got a table and the staff were absolutely delightful.
We had the slightly less expensive menu but took a dish off the other which they were happy to do. The food was faultless even down to the home made bread which was possibly the best I've ever tasted.
It is as you might expect not a cheap night out when drinks are added but as an occasional treat it is just fabulous.
I shall be back soon - if I can get in!