Hallmark Hotel Birmingham Strathallan
The Edgbaston(Birmingham)
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
1,299 results
All reviewsmurder mysterycity centrehagley roadbus stopfree car parkingsingle roomrooms are smallexecutive roomrestaurant staffwould stay againironing boardbuffet styletea and coffee making facilitiesself servicereception areafull englishone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Only stayed for one night but would stay again gladly. Although situated outside the city centre it is only a two minute drive to the nightlife of Broad street and the NIA. The hotel is situated on the Hagley road, a main arterial road into Birmingham and so has plenty of bus routes into the city, the bus journey taking less than 10 minutes. Check in was very quick and the reception staff very friendly and helpful. Secure free parking on site was an added bonus. I had booked through an external hotel website and got a very good price for bed and breakfast and so wasn't expecting much. However this hotel was certainly a lot better than I hoped. OK its not the most modern looking hotel (especially the exterior) but the room was spotless and the bedding / furniture in good condition. The shower was clean and powerful enough with ample towels and toiletries supplied. I was allocated a double room for single person use on the fourth floor. The room size was more than adequate for my needs but I would have probably found it a bit small if I was there for more than two or three nights. The room also seemed well sound-proofed as I slept well considering the hotel is on a main road! Also had a kettle, tea coffee and biscuits in the room together with an iron. Didn't stay for breakfast so cant comment on the food but overall I was very impressed with this hotel and would gladly stay here again. Friendly helpful staff, free parking, clean good condition rooms and close to the city centre, if you are looking for a good reasonably priced hotel in Birmingham you cant go wrong with the Strathallan.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Just returned from a weekend break at the Strathallan. Great value as we booked through Supabreaks and got 2 nights bed and breakfast and one evening meal for £105 for 2 people. Rooms are smallish but spotlessly clean and have everything you need for a comfortable stay. The food was excellent and the choice was good for both the 3 course evening meal and the self service breakfast. All the staff we spoke to were top notch. We did have a problem with noisy neighbours on the first night and no sleep due to doors being banged at all hours of the night. Turns out they had put us next to a wedding party. We asked at the reception to be moved the following day and they sorted us a quiter room without any problem. Great location for both Birmingham centre and Cadbury World. We had a meal on the second night at the Kings Arms about a mile down the road on the left. 2 for 1 meals but very nice quality. (check out the Steak and Kidney Pud!)

Room Tip: If you have any problems with your room the staff are only too willing to sort it out. Don't suffer in silence!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tllymint35
Reviewed May 12, 2013

stayed here for a one night business trip. First impressions were not great. Do not let the carpark fool you. Nor the stairs from the carpark to the reception. These do need updating but once inside the hotel the room was really comfortable, and clean. We had evening dinner here. The starter was goats cheese but turned out to be goats cheese on toast. I think it needs updating a little. But it was tasty. Main course was fish and chips - very nice. The restuarant is close to the main entrance and since the main door is always opening and closing you tended to get a draft. So sit round the corner, its much better if its a coldish day. There were a few cricket parties here to see the match at Edgbaston. They were having a great time, and pretty friendly. Overall good place for a business visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night for a reunion with work colleagues. I had a single room which was very small, but extremely comfortable just for 1 night. The lady at reception was really friendly and genuine. I had asked for an outside room when booking, as I had read that the hotel was rather hot, which I couldn't have dealt with! My request was granted and I had a window which I could open so all in all was very comfortable. Great bed with very fragrant linen I thought and a good nights sleep. Didn't try breakfast. I might have, but not at £11.95! Only a fiver if you book b& b at the same time !I intend to stay there again in a couple if weeks time for another night out.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank winchcombelady
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We had our wedding anniversary here and have stayed over a few times and it's just close to being a perfect place to stay. Close enough to the city centre for comfort but not right in as to come across all the drunks out on town

Quality, quality, quality!