“Birthday Meal” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kinnaree Thai Restaurant - CLOSED

Kinnaree Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Ladywood
Description: Kinnaree makes the most of its prime spot in Birmingham’s Holiday Wharf building, the long glass, ground floor frontage framing the canalside views rather beautifully. A lot of care has clearly gone into decorating the large, peaceful dining space, at the centre of which is an elegant Thai longboat. All hundred+ ‘home-cooking’-style dishes are served in generous portions on ornate gold-effect bowl by considerate, attractively-dressed Thai staff. Bestsellers include chicken satay, and spare ribs, grilled then steamed until tender.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Birthday Meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I had a good time in this restaurant, decor is great however the food was a little dissappointing compared to other Thai restaurants.

Visited February 2012

• Greek first
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Mostly excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

The food and drink was excellent here, but sadly I think the service could have been better. I think we were kept waiting two hours for our bill even though at the time we went it wasn't busy. I also think a service charge should be optional, which it is not at this restaurant. The prices are reasonable and food good, so I would probably come again, but a few changes would make a big difference.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
cheshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, service and environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

A tasty, great choice menu with excellent service. Pleasure to eat there and will certainly return. The lotus tea was exceptional.

Visited December 2012
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Wonderfully fresh and fragrant food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

We really enjoyed ourselves here - lovely service and delicious fresh and zingy food. We followed the recommendation of another reviewer and went for the "Rathanakosin Era" set menu which was great value for £25 and meant we got to try a little of everything. Everything was so flavoursome! Top marks for the chicken satay which is usually quite run-of-the-mill in other restaurants but in this one stopped me in my tracks - delicious! The setting is really pretty - our table looked out onto the canal. We had pre-booked for a birthday meal and at the end with our bill I was presented with an icecream sundae with a candle on top by the waitresses - a lovely touch. If you have a Gourmet Card, use it here - the restaurant offers 25% including drinks for Gourmet card holders, which is a great deal.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent service - good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

My cousin and I had a very pleasant dining experience here on a Saturday evening. We went for the £25 'Rathanakosin Era' set menu, which was very good.

The chicken satay and spring rolls were the highlight of the first course, and the punchy soup that followed has a good kick to it.

The two curry dishes in the main course were the stand-out dishes.

I will return with my wife in tow next time.

1 Thank SeanTMcAndrew