“A great night!”

Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Moseley and Kings Heath
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

This place never dissapoints, food is always of a good standard, well presented and well proportioned. My girlfriend loves the cocktails although they can take a while as they are freshly prepared. The jugs of sangria are a nice touch when out with friends. Hope you enjoy.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

The tapas are average (Byzantium in Kings Heath are better), the cocktails are delicious, and the atmosphere is good. However I had a bad stomach following a trip here and I'm sure it was the prawns so I would not it here again (hence why I rated it "poor.")

I would recommend a cheeky cocktail here before dinner or a night out although the bar area is tiny and it can take quite a while to be served. I would make your dinner reservation else where though!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Dined here last week as part of a works party. Food fresh and hot. Delicious and plentiful with each course presented well and served with a smile. Don t usually bother with tapas restaurants but this one was well worth a visit.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Absolutely Wonderful!!!! Food is fantastic - Especially the pork that was on the special board. Compliments to the chef...........We must frequent this place more often..........
Thank-you for a lovely birthday meal.

1  Thank girlsTamworth
Reviewed November 11, 2012

A group of us wanted somewhere lively and atmospheric to meet up. La Plancha offers both of these in abundance. We chose a later reservation (9pm) so we could sample their legendary Mojito cocktails downstairs in their cosy bar. Made to perfection and served with a smile they were a wonderful start to our evening. Once upstairs in the restaurant, which was packed with other diners, we enjoyed the most wonderful tapas I've experienced outside of Barcelona. Our waiter was most attentive, friendly and informative about the menu offering.

We were made to feel most welcome by all staff and thoroughly enjoyed our evening. Suffice to say it exceeding our expectations and a most wonderful evening was had by all!

I had noticed that they have recently changed their website. I don't know if this implies there is new management but somebody certainly has their finger on the pulse.