“A very good dining experience”
Review of Henry's Cantonese

Henry's Cantonese
Ranked #151 of 2,207 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Ladywood
Description: Henrys Cantonese Restaurant serves delicious Chinese cuisine with high-class service in a relaxing and authentic Oriental surrounding.We have been established for over 25 years in the prestigious St. Pauls Square area of Birmingham and known by many as one of the finest Chinese restaurants in Birmingham in the West Midlands.
Brecon, United Kingdom
“A very good dining experience”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The menu was quite extensive and reasonably priced for such good food. Service was attentive and helpful. We settled for 3 main courses and 2 rice and a noodles dish, this was more than enough for the 3 of us. NOne of us could face a desert despite not having a starter.

Visited November 2012

birmingham.uk
“Very pleasant.”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Excellent food, friendly professional service and nice surroundings. Henry's is situated out of the way in a quiet part of St. Pauls square. Would resemble a nice quiet restaurant in the suburbs as opposed to some of the large restaurants in chinatown. Typically this restaurant would suit business people , romantic couples and maybe families for special occasions. Definitely not the place for riff raff, eat as much as you like crowd.

• Visited October 2012
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant business lunch”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Good quality food, if not inspiring with attentive servive. Very easy to park (a bonus during lunchtime when time is limited). Good overall experience.

• Visited April 2012
Studley, United Kingdom
“Customer of 10 years”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My best friend and I have been going to Henry's restaurant for 10 years now and I thought it was about time I write a review!
Like I say we have been going here for 10 years and the main reason is the combination of good food and service. The waiters are always courteous and helpful but discreet too and my friend and I love it because we are never rushed, even when they are busy. The food is typical Chinese offering but is always hot and fresh and I'm a fussy eater and am always satisfied!
In fact, writing a review is making me hungry, might have to go there this weekend...

• Visited August 2012
declan88
“A safe Chinese restuarant”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I visited here with my brother early Sat and found everything overall OK, although not inspiring, but OK.

Atmos: quiet when we arrived, filling up when we left.
Decor: classic oriental art, but nicely done and maintained.
Service: quick, attentive, bit too much fussing around refilling wine glasses from different waiters
Food: starter: chicken shu - seemed a little underseasoned, until I ate them as if a wrap (of the lettuce around the meat, then, the flavour seemed more pronounced. Quite nice.
spring rolls - my brother liked them
Mains: Spicy lamb with cumin - my brother liked it alot
Spiced lamb and hot sauce - nice, but not very pronounced

I asked for some hot chilli to pep up the food a little. They delivered a little ramekin of chilli oil with flakes, which seemed strangely mild. So much so that my brother was able to pour ALL of it onto his food. I requested something a little hotter and they brought me chopped fresh chilli.

Soy sauce a little watery.

Wine: a £15 chilean red, hunky dory

Overall £30pp
Restaurant menu states no msg in their food. I believe them.

Overall: a safe bet for conservative diners, everything seemed a little bland, under seasoned. Maybe I'm just your average MSG addict of something. However I can cook a few Chinese dishes at home without adding MSG or buckets of chilli and the flavour is much more potent.

Revisit
Not for myself, unless with conservative fellow diners

• Visited July 2012