“Just what I needed!”
Review of Cafe Soya

Cafe Soya
Ranked #184 of 2,400 Restaurants in Birmingham
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Passionate about Soya! Cafe Soya offers a unique menu of fusion Vietnamese-Chinese cuisine with an emphasis on healthy eating. We have a wide range of delicious dishes for non-vegetarians, vegetarians and vegans, with many dishes featuring our delicious soy-based mock meat alternatives which we make in-house.
Reviewed January 29, 2013

After a really busy day at The Universifty of Birmingham, where we had hours of BBC Stargazing fun in our mobile planetarium we were all very hungry.

Luckily on the way home I saw this chinese place, which didnt have much parking, but we ate outside because it was a nice night

We all opted for the vegetarian options, which included prawn looking quorn things :-)

Great food and just what we wanted!

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I love this place, we eat here a lot after work. The portions are huge and the food is fresh and tasty. I love the big bowls of Vietnamese noodles - very filing and lots of flavour.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Its probably one of the worst restaurants I've been to. I ordered one of the hot pot curry dishes, and not only was it greasy, it was also incredibly bland. I've read reviews of this place being good value, but the drinks were nearly £3! what a rip off! as for the service, it was nothing special. Although the dishes came relatively fast, the quality wasn't up to the same standard. Our bill was totaled to nearly £20, but felt was a complete waste of money. Portions were just okay, I was full but not satisfied. If I wanted curry with rice I'd go to an Indian instead. I will never return here again, wouldn't advise!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We have been twice for the lunchtime menu - £6.95 for main course, drink and dessert.
We ate vegetarian and vegan: the non-meat food is clearly displayed on the menu. It tends to be quite often a "mock" meat style of vegetarian i.e. ersatz chicken or fish
Staff are helpful, friendly and relaxed - and efficient
The chocolate cake dessert in the inclusive lunch deal is superb.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

3 of my daughters are vegan so when we hit the sales in Birmingham this January, then needed a good value place to take a breather and refuel we were someone stumped. Finding vegetarian options is fairly easy - vegan options are not - even in a cosmopolitan city like Birmingham. Cafe Soya was great. Caters for regular carnivores, vegetarians and vegans - with lots to chose from. Waiter seems familiar with requirements of vegans - pointing out the dish my daughter ordered usually was served with egg noodles - so made a suggestion she have rice noodles with it instead. The lunchtime deal of drink/main course/desert for 5.95 was great value, and the portions huge. The girls wanted coffee and the waiter even arranged soya milk for the coffee separately as they don't drink dairy. The place was very busy with a fast turnover - so maybe not the kind of place you can have a long, lingering lunch but fast service, great value and delicious food, all round the corner from the Bullring.