“Never had a bad experience”
Review of Opus Restaurant

Opus Restaurant
Ranked #75 of 2,321 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ladywood
Description: Opus Restaurant, in Birmingham’s business district, is a top spot for a business lunch or a schmoozey dinner. The cavernous dining room is a dramatic open space decorated in muted hues. The team at Opus are proud of their modern British menu which showcases locally sourced free range meats and freshly caught fish. Favourites include the Lyme Bay Scallops with Belly of Pork and the Grilled Lobster served with Chips and Garlic Butter. The glamorous waiting staff are super-friendly, and the renowned in-house patisserie gives you a great excuse to have a naughty limoncello-cheesecake ending to your meal. It would be rude not to.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have used this resturant for business lunches, evening meals and for private dining. The service is always excellent and the food equally so. Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Came across this after having a walk around Birmingham not to far from the train station either!
Parking on several road near by as well.
We went on the fixed menu which was great value fpr money and the quality of the food was great,.
Service was good as well
Will return

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I had a wonderful dinner for my 'big' birthday last night. We had a private dining room for around 20 friends and family. We could not have been better looked after. From the planning through to staying far too late in the bar all the staff were friendly, polite and knowledgeable. The food was stunning. We chose the £32 set menu which was well thought out. I enjoyed the ham hock starter as did my 12 year old niece who also declared it delicious. The star of the show for me was the wonderfully succulent sea trout with wild garlic gnocchi which was perfectly balanced by the watercress and purple sprouting broccoli. Champagne and a very good Sancere were perfect accompaniments. As our party moved into the very stylish bar the staff were very helpful and did not complain about staying on so late for us. My complimens to the excellent kitchen team.
A massive thank you for a wonderful evening. I would highly recommend private dining here for any special occasion.
I will be back asap for a more sedate lunch.

1  Thank Annieagentmg
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We nearly cancelled our booking based on previous poor reviews and were prepared for dreadful service and bland food. Having had a very disappointing previous night at Simpson's we went in trepidation!
How delighted we were to enter a lovely dining room and to be greeted by smiling and extremely welcoming staff. No signs of poor service, quite the contrary, we could not fault them. I might add that we are very fussy and sensitive to bad service and do not put up with it.
The rabbit ballotine was a very pleasant starter, not exciting, but compared to the undercooked and unpleasant starters in Simpson's most enjoyable.
We really enjoyed our mains, gorgeous flavoursome duck confit and breast and my partner's beef was cooked exactly to his specification and tasted delicious. The cheesboard - wow!
Also the wine mark ups are not outrageous and the Malbec quite perfect for the meal.

Thank you Opus.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Business lunch mainly off market menu. Duck confit for starter was shredded in a small pot, bread good main course Osso Bucco- adequate. Two courses for £15,00 price bumped up by water £3.85 a bottle and G&T £4.50 and 12.5% service charge added. Service very attentive and good.