“Great food”

Valentinos Restaurant
Ranked #356 of 2,204 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Valentinos is a small family run Italian restaurant found on the High Street in Harborne. Established since 1975 it has an excellent reputation for excellent quality Italian food and wines, friendly attentive staff and comfortable surroundings. We specialize in traditional Italian food and fish dishes. Family friendly.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Small but perfectly formed. Good service great food nicely portioned and reasonably priced. Service a little slow but that didn't distract from the overall experience. Would certainly return in the future.

• Visited March 2013

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Always good”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Unless things have changed for the worse recently i can highly reccomend anyone eating here great food and friendly staff make it
a favourite restraunt of mine.

London
“An enjoyable meal with great service”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My mother and I visited during a lunchtime. We were greeted warmly and seated by the window. The decor is a little tired and could do with some sprucing up but everything was clean. We chose from the lunch menu which was good value for 2 or 3 courses. The risotto was rich and delicious and the minestrone soup flavoursome and authentic. The mains were equally nice and portion sizes were appropriate.
Part way through the meal the chef came out and chatted to some regulars, which was really lovely. When I am in Harborne again I will definitely return.

• Visited February 2013
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Good Italian restaurant”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We went here through a LivingSocial voucher gift which included two starters, two mains and drinks. The staff were very welcoming when we arrived, and the decor is nice; we liked the mirrored "windows" which made the restaurant seem quite spacious. To start we had the antipasto and the prosciutto crudo. Both were tasty and nicely presented. They were dressed with quite a lot of olive oil, which is typically Italian but may be an acquired taste if you're not used to it.

Our mains were lamb in red wine (very tender) and veal (nice sauce). There was a bit of veg with the lamb, but just chips with the veal. Again, this is typically Italian and I was fine with it, but be aware that you may need to order a side dish if you're not very carnivorous! My dining companion had the house red with his lamb and thought it was good quality.

The pudding menu was being changed while we were there so there were some additions to the menu and some things no longer available. We tried the chocolate fudge cake, which was beautifully presented but quite a small portion, and didn't taste home-made.

In summary, it you've eaten in Italy and enjoyed it, you'll enjoy Valentinos. Stick to the Italian specialties and you'll be very happy!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank AlisonC070877
Dublin
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We managed to get a last minute booking on a Saturday night for seven people due to a cancellation. I am thrilled we got in! I shared the antipasto for starter which was very good. For main I had the haddock - the best fish I have ever eaten! The flavour was all the way through it, not just on top. The roast potatoes were't my thing but were good. My boyfriend has the lamb and I had a taste - it was excellent! Everyone around the table was very pleased with their food!
Hope to return when I move to the UK! :)

• Visited December 2012