“Friendly with good food”
Review of Shimla Pinks - Birmingham - CLOSED

Shimla Pinks - Birmingham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ladywood
Description: Birmingham's Shimla Pinks. Located on bustling Broad Street and recently refurbished, this fun, funky flagship eatery is decked with modern furniture and art. Mixed with all this modernity are the traditional Indian values of hospitality and service. Black-clad staff are friendly, hip and helpful. A well written menu lists an enticing mix of traditional (thalis, jalfrezi, passanda), less well known (harrey masaley ka gosht) and earthy North Indian tandoori dishes - all served with fragrant basmati rice, salad, mint yoghurt sauce. Delicious. Nice vegetarian choices. Our new opening hours are: Mon - Wed: 5pm - 11.30Pm. Thurs - Sat: 5pm - 12.30Am. Sun: 12pm - 10.30Pm
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Easy to find, catered for large group quickly. Polite and attentive service. Good variety of authentic dishes. Nice pllalce to eat.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I visited this restaurant today with my partner and whilst we accepted that service was a little slow despite the lack of other diners. The restaurant itself is aesthetically pleasing and the food sufficient, if not overpriced.

However, after having spent nearly £100 on just a casual dinner, the attitude of the staff was truly appalling. My partner himself heard himself a both derogatory and racist remark made by one of the waiters. After having filled in a comment card with glowing reports about the waiter who served us, I merely mentioned the remark and the disappointing end to the night. The three waiters then proceeded to read the remark and laugh.

Never have I been to a restaurant which accepts casual racism and find it hilarious. To make such a remark within the vicinity of guests regarding one's skin colour/ethnicity is astounding.

No apology was ever made.

The 12.5% service charge is also unnecessary.

1  Thank SoniaaK
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Went yesterday for a meal with my partner, when asked for the lunch menu we were told it was not available and will be from next month even though it was available on their website and on the restaurant door!!! Then we had to wait for 15 mins for our drinks after we ordered and the starters arrived before them!! Should mention though that despite this the waiters were polite in general. Curry was good and the meet was very tender and melt in your mouth. Over all I would rate it as average experience but not great value for money.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is the first time my wife and I have eaten here since the resturant moved. The food is excellent and authentic, the Roghan Josh was some of the best. Service was very good and the decor modern and stylish (gone are the shocking pink booths of the previous site). Would certanly go back again to one of the best Indian resturants in the UK.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Having dined here on numerous occasions, since 1997, I am pleased to say that it's been returned to its former glory. Last Sunday's banquet was out of this world. The service, decor, and most importantly the food, did not disappoint .

Glad this culinary haunt has been returned to its former glory !