“Good service and food!”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We visited Blue Mango on New Year's Eve. The restaurant was a little quiet although we ate quite early (6.30 ish). Smart surroundings with poppadoms and pickles brought out very quickly (not sure if these were included on the bill). I had a delicious Aloo Tikka starter which looked and tasted delicious. Mains were tasty. Pilau rice was a healthy yellow colour. I don't like multi-coloured pilau rice! All round good service and tasty food. Check your bill as 10% service charge was added.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We were going to NIA to see War of the Worlds and decided to go into Birmingham earlier to have a meal. We came upon Blue Mango and how impressed were we. We had the two course christmas menu, which was fab. We started with popadums and pickles followed by a starter which was combo of chicken, bahjis,kebabs and samosas, then I choose chicken curry and my husband had a lamb curry both served with pilau rice and assorted naan breads. It was all cooked fresh and came to us piping hot. The service was very good, all the staff were very friendly and helpful. Would definately go back there

1  Thank hally6085
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I first went to the Blue Mango a few months ago, and I was very pleased with both the service and the quality of the food. The price was reasonable too.
This positive experience prompted me to return. I therefore went back a few days ago. It was not the same experience at all. I was handed the Christmas menu, which lacked variety (compared with the usual menu) and was quite expensive (£22.95 per person). I asked if the normal menu was available and I was told that it was not. During the course of the meal, however, I noticed that some people (I noticed at least two tables) had been given the usual full menu. This discriminatory behaviour is not acceptable. On top of that, the food was not as good as the first visit. It was run of the mill food - nothing special. I do not feel inclined to return to this restaurant, which is sad given the initial good experience.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

This popular curry house was packed by the time we left. It is well located for lots of night time attractions. The menu on offer was the Christmas one with set 2, 3 or 4 courses. Varied curries to take account of all tastes. The food was well presented but a tad slow in coming.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I used to go to this restaurant regularly when I was working in Birmingham and so I thought I would give it a try for old times sake. Happy to say it was as good as I remember and although a little pricey, I still think you get value. The food is excellent with a great menu that is not the usual run of the mill chicken masalla or meat madras. Although it was quite late at night, I was given a warm welcome and not rushed or hurried in any way. Many thanks for a very pleasant end to my night out.