“disappointed”

Lasan Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #48 of 2,204 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Ladywood
Description: Lasan is synonymous with exquisite cuisine that teases the senses and stirs the soul, delivering the true essence of India in all its glory. Experience how sublime Indian food really can be at Gordon Ramsay's Best Local Restaurant in the UK.
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“disappointed”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We meet every month and try a different Indian restaurant and to be honest this was by far the worse. Lovely place but the food was average and lacked that special something.
My starter was cold and my main dish monk fish was just a greasy mess.
The staff did not take complaints well.
It was pricey and not worth the money spent and as we waited nearly 8 weeks to get a table never - never will I go there again

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Roz-Sultan

Leeds & Germany
“Ok but nothing special”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Dined here in a group for a birthday celebration and I don't really get the hype. Ambience ok but nothing special, staff very attentive and eager to please but not fawning. Food mixed. The selection of starters with chicken, lamb, salmon was very good. My main was disappointing: I had the Dhaniwal blade of beef which was far too fatty for me and most of it was left on the plate although the accompaniments were nice: that said I never even saw the bone marrow gravy. I left feeling hungry to be honest. Don't know if it was good value as I never saw the bill and am still waiting for the confirmation of my share. Wouldn't return and certainly wouldn't wait months for a booking. Could just be me though.

2 Thank theoriginalsid
Banbury, United Kingdom
“stunning food”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

myself and some friends went to birmingham for a day out on the 20th and remembered the chef from the great british menu on telly. we arrived at just gone 6pm and did not have a table booked but thought on the off chance it was worth asking, we were welcomed straight away and told a table was free for us, we ordered 3 different dishes and each one was exceptional it took indian cooking to another level. The stand out dish was the dhaliwal beef it was stunning. will definatly be going back sometime, well worth a visit i say.

bromsgrove
“Superb!!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This establishment does deserve all five stars. As soon as you walk through the doors you know you are in for a treat. The staff are attentive from talking coats, drink orders and then through to the menu where polite suggestions were made to how many portions of rice or which naan would best compliment the food. The food when it arrived was beautifully presented and delicious. We opted for a sharing platter to start which had luscious lamb, delicate salmon, kebabs and potato cake. All superb. My main was monkfish in broth which was to die for. My husband had the blade of beef which he said was equally delicious. There was no room for pudding so we just had coffee. Allow £100 for two with a bottle of wine. It is worth every penny!

“A pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

I have to say, when I found out. Was going to this restaurant and saw it was an 'up market, modern, high class' Asian restaurant, I feared the worse. I expected sterile atmosphere, minute portions of westernised Indian food - and, of course, high prices. When we arrived, we were ushered into a very pleasant waiting area - for about 5 seconds - when our table was ready!
The menu's came out and we were able to order so Cobra. Although we couldn't see them, we also managed to order some poppudoms and pickle tray - of course a little more sophisticated than the usual (and a lost less poppudoms), but none-the-less, the signs were good.
Although the menu had been westernised a bit (Somerset spring chicken etc), the dishes were recognisable. When the food came, it was excellent, the lamp starter was truly divine and then I had a very spicy hot chicken dish, as hot as a madra, but a little more refined.
No idea how much the bill was, am guessing it would be a bit on the pricy side, but for business use, I would highly recommend this place.

Visited April 2013