“Excellent restaurant for special occasions”

Lasan Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #39 of 2,323 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ladywood
Description: Lasan is synonymous with exquisite cuisine that teases the senses and stirs the soul, delivering the true essence of India in all its glory. Experience how sublime Indian food really can be at Gordon Ramsay's Best Local Restaurant in the UK.
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I visited this restaurant for my birthday meal with family and friends. The service was excellent, but the food was amazing! everyone I was with said the same, its worth the prices.

1  Thank SusanH2
Write a ReviewReviews (1,320)

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Visited at lunchtime when on business following the reviews on Tripadvisor. The restaurant was very quiet. I ordered in line with the recommendations of the host. I tried the speciality of the house, a medley of three was with lamb plus rice with peas. Before these courses arrived i sampled the complimentary pickles and popadoms and a taster from the chef. Both were exceptional, light, tasty and unlike anything i have had before from an Indian. The main dish had elements that were fantastic, but equally some elements were average -the lamb chop was tough and fatty. The confit was fantastic, the rice and peas lacked depth.

So I would recommend as a venue were you will get something really tasty, but not all the elements are exceptional.Indeed I suppose you could get unlucky and given the prices, that is not really good enough for me.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

If you are bored of the usual Balti and Indian dishes and looking for something different, then this is your place. The food is excellent, but don't expect the usual dishes. The place is a bit pricy, however I would highly recommend it for special occasions.

1  Thank Balint B
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We called in on a Saturday and had drinks at the bar first. After being seated very soon after, we ordered the lamb and chicken combo to start. My partner struggles with a bit of spice in her life, my fault, but this chicken did the trick. We had the seabass and the chicken for main and it was lovely. HOWEVER. Yes, you are right to listen. If you order the seabass, it comes on a curved plate. This means that when you put pressure on it with a knife and fork IT SPINS AND ROTATES AND NEARLY FLIPS OVER. So, Lasan people. Heed my words. Get rid of the stupid curved plates and continue to cook brilliant food please and serve it on a normal plate. Only other point to mention is the waiters seemed slightly nervous, although very attentive.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Have been here 4 times now and this for me and my friends is simply the best Indian food by a long shot. Although a bit expensive it is totally worth it. Menu is all there own dishes with none of the normal dishes in general Indian restaurants. This place isn't good it's outstandingly good, with excellent service. 5stars all the way