“Pleasantly surprised”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, British
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ladywood
Description: Relaxed, welcoming and inviting, Red Peppers has something for everyone with its eclectic menu offering dishes from around the world. Food is freshly prepared on the premises, filled with exciting flavours and served by staff who are attentive, efficient and above all friendly!
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I tend to try and avoid "chain" type themed restaurants, but this one came as a pleasant surprise.

I was with my two sons, 8 and 12, and really fancied a burger, but knowing my sons wanted something else we decided to try peppers out.

We were shown to our table straight away, the restaurant was very busy being a Saturday lunchtime just before Christmas, but service was fast and efficient, and the waiter very helpful.

My youngest went for a children's meal of pasta/meatballs and a glass of apple juice, with a minimilk ice cream to follow. At just over £4.00 it was great value and the pasta dish a decent size for the money.

We shared a large garlic bread as a starter. It was delicious, we all said let's cancel our mains and just have one of those each again!

My other son chose a chicken/bacon/cheese wrap. Very tasty, good size and filling. I chose a cheese burger with bacon. Again a good size meal, hot, fresh, tasty, nothing to complain about.

My only complaint, which is one I have at most restaurants, is the cost of soft drinks. £1.95 for a small glass of diet cola! Costs about 3p with the syrup to make, so astronomical markup, especially when you have a top up, like we did. £8 for 4 half glasses of cola!!! Add an extra apple juice for my other son at £1.95 means our overall bill of £34 consisted of £10 for soft drinks!! Next time we'll have tap water, so at £24 for a great starter at 3 good main meals was, in my opinion, great value for money and well worth a revisit.

We will definitely be going back, but having tap water to drink!!

Suzanna N, General Manager at Red Peppers, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Dear Mike P,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on your recent dining experience with us.

Very happy you and your family enjoyed your afternoon with us and found our food tasty and of great value.
Should you wish to book in advance in future please do not hesitate to contact me directly suzanna.naughton@red-peppers.co.uk - I shall have four Garlic Breads ready and waiting for you!!
Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Being only two weeks to Christmas expected to have to wait for food and for it not to be very good. Wrong. The service was quick and efficient, food and wine lovely. Would definitely go again.

Dear Yvonne M,

Very happy to read you enjoyed the food, wine and service.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Just to say what a welcoming Resturant, value for money and the staff (Caz & Peter) they are excellent.
we had an anniversary meal to celebrate 6 years together the food was excellent, the staff were the best and an asset.
Value for money guaranteed.we will be visiting again.
Thank you for making our meal and visit so special.

Dear Trevor205,

Many thanks for your review on your recent visit.

Congratulations on your 6 year anniversary!!
Very happy to read you enjoyed your visit to us and the staff were very welcoming to you both.

We do hope we get to welcome you both back in the future, should you wish to book a table in advance please do not hesitate to contact me directly suzanna.naughton@red-peppers.co.uk

Reviewed November 30, 2013

called on a thursday night after looking on t/a , place took a while to find but not familiar to birmingham, the place itself was electric certainly buzzing but we were soon found a table and had excellent waitress service so friendly and welcoming , the food we thought was lovely piping hot and tasty we had nacho sharing plate for starters and then i had the ribs and chicken the wife had salmon and both dishes tasted a treat , would certainly recommend the place was a treat, only criticism no draught beers so only overpriced small bottles other than that no complaints whatsoever .

Suzanna N, General Manager at Red Peppers, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Bobbyblade,

Thank your for your review on your recent visit to us.

It was very nice to meet you both and I am glad you enjoyed your evening with us.
At least next time you will find us quicker :)

Should you wish to book in advance next time please do not hesitate to contact me directly suzanna.naughton@red-peppers,co.uk

Reviewed November 26, 2013

food fab all staff very nice we went for lunch with my 6 year grandaughter and staff were lovely with her

1  Thank Ogrady29

Dear O'Grady29,

Many thanks for your review on your recent visit to us at Red Peppers.

It was lovely to have you with us for the afternoon and your granddaughter is adorable bless her.

We do hope we get to welcome you back in the near future, should you wish to book in advance please do not hesitate to contact me directly suzanna.naughton@red-peppers.co.uk