“Excellent drinks and very good food”
Review of Bank

Reserve with OpenTable
Bank is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #251 of 2,358 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: European
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Ladywood
Description: Awarded for its excellent food, Bank Birmingham continues to present a first-rate choice for city centre dining in the stylish and sophisticated setting of Brindleyplace, making it a great location for business dinners or pre and post-theatre meals. Be enticed inside by a lively, yet relaxing atmosphere, within the bright and large dining area. This modern interior, complete with an open kitchen and exquisite wine rack, is complemented by covered terraces which overlook the striking 19th century canals and are perfect for al fresco dining or chilled cocktails on warm summer days. Fresh and nourishing, the menu is peppered with delicious specials, as well as a weekend brunch option.
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Excellent place to go and eat as a couple or with a large group of friends, cocktails are fantastic but can be expensive. Although this is a chain restaurant, the service I always receive here feels local and friendly, brilliant management and staff here, they make you feel special and always take care of you.

I highly recommended the bar for some evening drinks and the restaurant for some top notch food.

5  Thank Mr_Kadi
Write a ReviewReviews (1,478)

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Having lived in Birmingham for a couple of years and nearby for many years before, it's a wonder we'd never been to Bank before as it is well-known locally as a good quality restaurant and is in a great location. On this occasion we decided it was a reasonably safe bet for a meal out with friends before a stroll along the canalside and a few drinks in the Cube and Mailbox. The restaurant itself is modern and urban with a bar area at the front and the restaurant at the back separated by a corridor. This layout would work well but the music seemed to be just as loud in the restaurant as in the bar, so for me there wasn't much advantage to the separation of the two spaces. Our table also seemed extremely close to the next-door table and as we were four and they were a couple I did feel that with the loud music it made conversation quite difficult at times. Other than those minor complaints though we really enjoyed the evening and the restaurant deserves its reputation for good quality. There was a reasonable selection on the menu, and the food was cooked and presented well. My smoked haddock starter was particularly tasty, and my fellow diners also enjoyed their meals with the steaks getting a good reception. The service was excellent; we were in good spirits and our waitress was cheerful and picked up on our mood and sense of humour. Whilst there is plenty of choice in Birmingham, I think Bank will continue to please customers old and new judging by our experience.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We had our lunchtime wedding do here and could not have had a better time. We had the choices of specials but the staff printed special menus which included our wedding details. They set aside a separate area for our party of 28 and allocated a waitress who filled our glasses whenever they were empty without having to ask. We were made up when we saw toya wilcox and she came over and congratulated us. All in all fab restaurant

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I tried out the Bank for a business lunch/interview and was very pleased. Although very popular, the noise level is not excessive and I found the service excellent. The food was good and the whole very good value. The location is pleasant - overlooking one of Birmingham's many tidied up canal basins.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I've been going to Bank for years; for meals, for drinks and it is consistently good. The food is simple and not over priced. The service is good, so why do they insist on jamming the tables so close together? My romantic valentine meal with my wife was less romantic having to almost sit on the lap of a burly businessman next to me..!
That said, Bank shows off modern Birmingham to it's best and really isn't that expensive for the surroundings; an affordable treat you might say. The smoked haddock risotto with a poached egg is always top notch!