“8.10 for a glass of Sauvignon blanc”

Ask Italian - Edgbaston
Ranked #319 of 2,249 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Edgbaston
Description: ASK Italian in Edgbaston is a place for great food and warm service. Think fresh bread made to tear and share. A glass of fine wine worth deserving of your time. Delicious main dishes prepared the traditional way. Everything we know and love about Italian food is served straight to your table. Take a look at our Edgbaston menu and, if you like what you see, book a table
bromsgrove
“8.10 for a glass of Sauvignon blanc”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

We needed to pick up some prescription glasses from next door so me and my husband decided to have lunch. Waitresses were all lovely and a few people were eating. Very clean and decor looked nice. I asked for a rosé and my husband asked for a Sauvignon blanc. It was lunchtime so were just having a glass to go with food. The rosemary bread was amazing and both meals were good but could have had a little more seasoning. The almond cake with coffee for 4.25 we both finished with. So for two pasta dishes three glasses if wine some bread and a cake with coffee we were surprised the bill for lunch came at 54 quid. What alarmed us must was the wine at £8.10 for a 250ml glass. I wouldn't mind but we just popped in on the off chance. So overall a nice lunch. Certainly not worth 54 quid and I think the wine was completely overpriced which really disappointed and left us feeling a little ripped off. Maybe worth asking the price if you ask for a drink before seeing the menu.

• Visited May 2014
Thank lifestyler...

“We went TWO DAYS IN A ROW!!!”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

We were staying opposite ask at the quality hotel (4/10) so we decided on ask as it wasn't too far. Ask displayed a great service with a super happy waitress who was great! Happy with the food and happy with the price!! The next day we decided to have a takeout from ask and we would give this experience 10 out of 10!! They customised both of our meals completely and provided us with complimentary dips and cutlery. The waiter was great and we would go again if we are here. Thank you ask!

tamworth staffs
“very uninspiring if you have taste buds.”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Well have to start with saying how disappointed I was with the fact tha my friend whom I had arranged to have lunch with was still adamant that this place was a fantastic venue to eat at, and she has never had a bad meal here. Went for lunch (at evening prices) for a quick bite to eat, so didn't order starters and so glad too. Before i venture into the quality of the food i would like to add that two bottled diet cokes, two side salads and two main courses amounted to £41. The service i cannot fault but the food i can. My friend ordered the mushroom and spinach ravioli that looked extremely congealed and over cooked to me, but hey ho, i am not a qualified chef and have to be fair to say that I didn't ASK her if her meal was pleasant to eat as she loves the place. I had an extremely uninspiring pizza that was so thin that the crusts were the best bit as after that there was not much else left on the plate as the best bit of the pizza was wafer thin. Regarding the side salad at £3.25, well i have to say this is the time i thought somebody was undermining my intelligence. Leaves, one radish, couple of slices of wilted cucumber and the dreaded SALAD TOMATO that tastes of nothing. For any tomato lovers out there you will understand where i am coming from. If your a food lover with a reasonable palate then please don't consider dining here, unless you want a poor quality, chain company laughing all the way to the bank with your hard earned money.

• Visited April 2014
England, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We dropped in for a casual evening meal and it was great. I chose steak on flatbread, very, very good. Great service, nice to be able to get tap water easily. Coffee and a slice of cake finished it off well.

• Visited March 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Needs improvement!!”
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

I have been living in Birmingham for 12 yrs and always wanted to try dining here, finally searched the website and booked a table online. We arrived 15 mins early of our booked time and was sat straight away. They did not even ask if i got a booking or not so why bother booking.
AMBIANCE
very contemporary and bright without any italian feel to it.
SERVICE
Is ok not very attentive the gap between sitting, ordering, drink and food arrival varies from slow to very slow.
FOOD
Is mediocre i ordered a seafood linguine and there is quite a few hint and taste that are missing. Portion is ok.
A bit of let down for a an Italian restaurant chain compared to Zizzi,Bella Italia, Frankie and Bennys.