“Excellent - don't recognise the place from the previous poor reviews”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The White Swan

The White Swan
Ranked #404 of 2,195 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Edgbaston
birmingham
“Excellent - don't recognise the place from the previous poor reviews”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I has a delicious meal, served by attentive staff in pleasant surroundings. A varied menu meant I could have a simpler dish of Gammon egg and chips whilst my husband enjoyed the lobster. We turned up without a booking at 5.30 on a Friday and were the only people on the dining room to start off with.

Have a feeling it's owned by same people as the awful barnt green inn - a previous favourite haunt of ours. We'd definitely come back here again and just hope our experience would be matched again and the negative comments are isolated experiences.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Very Poor”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and I were taken by our daughter to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The car park was heaving and we thought that boded well. We arrived several minutes earlier than the booking time made, but by the time we had parked we walked into the restaurant on time, however, no-one was around. We went to the bar and ordered drinks and my daughter returned to the booking desk and literally had to stop one of the waiters to ask if we could be seated. He told her that he would have the table made ready and she came back to us. The bar was relatively full but there were a couple of tables empty, which were piled with glasses and plates. Eventually we were taken to our table and our order was taken. Forty minutes later we were still waiting. Two of the waitresses were standing talking and my daughter asked if we could have some bread etc.. for the table. Eventually our meals came but the lamb that I had ordered was (in my opinion) undercooked. My daughter complained about this and the waiter came and took it back to the kitchen. By the time it was returned to me my husband and daughter had finished their meal, We were offered free sweets but my daughter was quite upset and wanted to leave so she said she would pay for her and her dads meal but refused to pay for mine. I can't say that I was at all impressed with The White Swan and I will certainly not be recommending it to any of my friends.

“Really gone downhill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Used to love it here but quality has reduced and the service is SO SLOW.... They have got complacent....

“You've had your chance”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Drove nearly an hour to get there on wife's birthday to be told no Lobster. Walked out in disgust. Won't be back

St Austell, United Kingdom
“Disappointingly slow”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

We went for a family celebration of 50th our Wedding Anniversary and as there were 12 of us had to pre-order our choice of menu.
The table was booked for 6.30 as we had two young children with us and didn't want a late night. However we had to wait for 15 minutes to be directed to our table and then another half an hour before the olives and bread & balsamic vinegar where served. Another long wait then for our starters and an even longer wait for our main courses. At 9.45pm the two little ones were so tired they had to be taken home and only three adults stayed behind for a dessert.!! As we'd had to pre-book the food why the wait?

• Visited September 2013