“Beautifully decorated”

Neighborhood: Edgbaston
West Midlands, United Kingdom
“Beautifully decorated”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

We went here as a group of four on a busy afternoon.

It was really easy to book online, and communication was excellent.

I loved the decor, really comfortable environment you can just relax in.

The food was also delicious.

We went at a very busy time and in all it took us 2.5hrs to eat two courses and have coffee. This was ok as we weren't in a rush but wouldn't have been ideal if we were. Though the very friendly helpful staff did apologise.

Overall I would recommend this venue.

• Visited July 2013
Paul H, General Manager at The White Swan, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Tracey

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback regarding your recent experience here at The White Swan.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and also found our online booking system to be effective.

I apologise that you had to wait a longer than usual time for your meals and I'll ensure our staffing levels are looked into during our busier times.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Paul Herrington

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Halesowen
“Don't have the crab”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Very average place to eat but very pricey for the food on offer my husband had the steak £ 18.00 and asked for a salad with it instead of chips. It came with a salad looking like a bag from asda in a small bowel with no dressing, we had to ask for a dressing. Our crab starter was just load of batter and no crab. Service was average.

Dear Angie

I'm disappointed to hear that you feel your meals weren't good value for money. We're currently looking into developing our new menu, which we hope to launch in October, and you're feedback regarding the dishes you experienced will greatly help us in this matter.

I do hope that you re-visit us soon and have a more positive experience. Our team are always happy to recommend dishes and our management will do their very best to ensure you enjoy your experience.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“You will enjoy”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

There is nothing wrong I could say about this pub/restaurant, though it is nothing remarkable either. It is very popular in Birmingham, particularly with people from the University, so you have to book a table to avoid disappointment. It is a pity they do not serve their 2- and 3-course menus after 7 pm.

• Visited July 2013
Thank you for your feedback, I'm glad you enjoyed your meal with us and we always advise booking to ensure you get the table for the time you desire.

We're currently investing a lot of time into training our team, aiming to achieve that 'remarkable' impression you feel we're missing, so hopefully when we launch our new menu in October, which will feature a separate Lunch & Dinner menu, you'll be able to revisit and let us know how we're getting on.

Winchester, United Kingdom
“very good pub food”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We went to the white swan with our son to celebrate his graduation at Birmingham University. We were very impressed, the booking online was easy and clear, and they actually replied to confirm which I was pleased with. The pub is well decorated and the has a nice atmosphere, the menu is varied and well priced. The wine choice is good (we had an excellent Sancerre Rose) and reasonably priced. The service was great, we were served by Ileah who was delightful. All in all a pleasant good value lunch, I would be happy to return. The only very slight negative was that it took a while to get seated, but the pub was extremely busy so its not a major issue.

• Visited July 2013
I'm delighted you and your family enjoyed your recent meal with us, the Sancerre Rose is particularly good I must agree!

I'll be sure to look into the issue you mention regarding it taking a while for you to be seated and make this a focus area for the team going forward.

We look forward to seeing you again if you're ever in the area.

Guildford, United Kingdom
“Food OK but something missing”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The food was fairly good and the restaurant was very nicely decorated. Staff polite but there was something missing and I won't be rushing back. We requested a couple of small changes to the menu but no flexibility was allowed. I would rate the food good but not very good so have had to rate it average.