“Best Sunday Roast”
Review of The High Field

The High Field
Reserve with OpenTable
The High Field is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #114 of 2,498 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The High Field is at 22 Highfield Road, opposite Simpson’s and less than 5 minutes from Five Ways. As well as serving quality fresh food in our restaurant and a range of drinks in the bar, The High Field has a spacious garden and two sunny terraces. There is also public parking on-street and to the rear of our garden. The High Field combines top quality pub food with modern brasserie dishes. We serve food all day. Drink quality draught beers, ale on hand pump plus a carefully chosen wine list with quality variety value. Rooms for meetings & private dining are available.
Reviewed April 9, 2018 via mobile

So far one of the best Sunday roasts I had in Birmingham
Staff are friendly and welcoming and they actually know that they have to smile

Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

Have always loved this place since it opened!! Staff are professional and friendly remembering our favourite drinks and got to say Jakes Mojito’s are the best! Had yet another lovely Sunday Lunch Easter Sunday with my dear Mom who is approaching 90 she enjoyed it so much she decided there and then to book her special birthday there for September and the staff did no more than book her in and offered complementary bottle of Prosecco x amazing!!!!

Reviewed April 5, 2018

We popped in for Sunday evening dinner. The place was busy, but a charming waiter promised to find us a table. Which he did, only he forgot to tell us, then when he found it forgot to bring water as requested.
So at this point things were not going too well. However it all improved vastly when we latched on to waiter no. 2 - a young guy who gave us very helpful advice on the menu and brought everything double-quick.
The food was decent pub grub. The olives for starters were a little spicy, the veggie roast was a little dull, but the salmon was very tasty and the cheese plate was generously filled. Good value at around £20 a head for the full meal.

1  Thank ADM1959
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Visited for lunch with a group of friends on Good Friday. The restaurant was a lovely setting and the staff were friendly and welcoming. The food was well priced, with an offer of starter and main for around £14 from a set menu. The only issue I really had was that I had to pay £1 an hour for parking, which is adjacent to the building. This is something I'd expect to get reimbursement for and would stop me visiting again.

1  Thank R1715ZYlaurah
Reviewed April 3, 2018

We'd hired the private room for a school reunion, and the food was delicious. I had risotto then cauliflower curry. Staff friendly. I was staying at the affiliated High Field Townhouse next door, which gave me a free drinks voucher for the pub, and free breakfast the next morning which offered a good range of food, and my vegetarian breakfast was lovely. The place was really busy even at 4pm when I arrived, it seems very popular with the locals.