“Nice serviced apartment”

SACO Birmingham - Brindleyplace
Lagos, Nigeria
“Nice serviced apartment”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

This apartment is located jus behind the high street. A cab ride of about 7mins to the Bull ring. Bars and restaurants are a short distance away with all types of food available. Great view from my apartment 12-1. You can see the whole city from the balcony. Rooms are tidied every two days.

• Stayed February 2014
JennieGM, Manager at SACO Birmingham - Brindleyplace, responded to this review, March 6, 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of SACO Birmingham. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we can't wait to welcome you back on your next visit to Birmingham.

Kind Regards,
Marie Williams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stayed in a 2 bed apartment with my bridal party for my wedding, it was so spacious with an amazing view of the city, there is also a good size balcony you can walk on to. The staff are so kind, friendly and polite, couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of SACO Birmingham.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and congratulations on your wedding.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Birmingham,

Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for the weekend to celebrate a special occasion. Not only was the apartment generously equipped, it's location was excellent - affording spectacular views, high enough to be peaceful even during the busy weekend nights. The staff were extremely friendly and the night security helpful when one of our group returned without a key. Overall, I can't recommend this place enough and will be staying again this summer with my partner.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a lovely review of SACO Birmingham.

Thank you for your kind comments and we cannot wait to welcome you back when you next visit Birmingham.

San Francisco
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I enjoyed a great stay. The location of the apartments couldn't be any better, and the staff were very accommodating. Would definetly recommend it to anyone thinking of staying in the city centre. The apartments were excellently kept with exactly the write facilities needed for a weekend stay.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a brilliant review of SACO Birmingham.

We are delighted your weekend stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards,
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed at the SACO apartments this weekend and I must say that me and my boyfriend had a perfect time. The staff (both day and night shift) are friendly, welcoming and poilte. On arrival we where given all kinds of information, and shown to our room. Upon seeing the room both my self and my boyfriend were blown away by the perfectness of the apartment. The living room was massive and the whole apartment looked just like it did in the photos from the website, only better. You get a hamper in the kitchen with cereal, milk, coffee, hot chocolate, sugar, bictuits and chocolate. We was provided with dishwasher tablets, washing machine tablets, washing up liquid and clothes. When booking I paid for an one bedroom apart but we were shown to a two bed apart which was a nice surprise. We were on the tenth floor and could not here any noise from the bars and clubs around us. Neither could noise be heard from other apartments, even tho I knew they were full due to most rooms being sold upon booking. I am nothing but happy about the whole stay, would 100% book again and would recommend anyone- from solo business trippers to families and anything in between. Please note that a £250 deposit is taken upon arrival and is refuned back after your stay- this is just to make sure the rooms are looked after properly during your stay. This is common and would happen with any servied apartment provider.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank katie t
Dear Guest,

Thank you for you brilliant review of SACO Birmingham.

We are delighted you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back to SACO for future stays.

Marie Willams
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2014

First of all I want to clarify my rating of three stars on a property which would have otherwise gotten 4 stars. The apartment itself (a studio) was fantastic, fully equipped, modern, clean, spacious. Bathroom was lovely with Molton Brown products. The staff were extremely cordial and efficient. Bed was comfortable.

However, we got NO sleep till 5am because of the noise coming from outside. Our apartment faced broad street and Saturday night is CLEARLY a huge night out in the City. We could hear music (including the words and the bass) from multiple clubs - despite us being situated on the 11th floor of the building. Compounding the effect of trance mixed with RnB and HipHop, we had to endure the sound of party goers on the street/queuing outside the clubs and if that wasn't enough - it also seemed a night where all the vehicles toot their horns NON-STOP. It was much like being in Mumbai during a traffic jam. The worst sleep I've ever had (INCLUDING the nights I have spent in Mumbai). There was no way to sleep amidst these competing noises which only stopped around 5am. Now understandably, none of this is the fault of SACO however, they may want to invest in soundproof glass to help their customers.

I would have definitely returned to this apartment and this brand - if I can get comfortable that all their locations are not in such noisy areas.

Room Tip: Something that doesn't face Broad Street.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank rane84
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review SACO Birmingham.

We are glad that you enjoyed the amenties of the apartment and we are sorry to hear that you did not get a good nights sleep. If you had brought this to our attention we would have moved you apartments immediately. We are looking into ways to improve the soundproofing of all our apartments and we hope you will stay with us again.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Four of us booked the apartment in February. We wanted more space than a hotel room as were planning to conduct a series of interview over the stay.. I booked and paid online and the booking was immediately followed up with a phone call from someone at saco. I felt patronised and irritated as she fired questions at me 'what is the nature of your stay?' 'You can't have any parties' How many visitors will you be having?' While I appreciate the need to inform guests of certain policies, the strict verbal rule giving felt over the top. .. I would have cancelled there and then but would have lost the full booking payment. I followed up the phone call with an email explaining the nature of our visit and again received a phone call but this time the staff member was more polite.
We needed an early check in. Its usually at 4pm. Its an extra £10 per hour . I paid £30 for a 1pm check in. We arrived at 12.40pm and were told we should come back at 1.15 as our room was being cleaned. Ok so it was only 15 mins but I paid a lot of money for early check in and expect it to be ready at the specified time.
The apartment is very lovely. Spotlessly clean and well equipped. Amazing views and everything we needed for the stay. Minor gripes are the water drainage in the bathrooms. And all the knives needed sharpening.
On the first night we were disturbed by a heavy knocking at the door. It was a member of staff telling us we had to keep the noise down or we would be moved. There were four of us sat at the table chatting listening to music played on a laptop. I advised the staff member that I felt this was over the top and he replied 'you have to be quiet'.
I stay in hotels frequently and wanted to try the apartment experience. I certainly won't again. It felt like being at a luxury boarding school... disapproving staff who seem to just care about how clean or noisy the guests are. When I stay in a hotel the staff are concerned with my comfort and needs.
Farewell SACO..

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Zahra S
JennieGM, Manager at SACO Birmingham - Brindleyplace, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for your review, at SACO we pride ourselves on our customer service and I am disappointed to read you felt our booking procedures were over the top. We have policies and procedures in place for the comfort and security of all of our guests which ensures your stay runs as smoothly as possible, which includes calling each guest prior to arrival to ensure the policies are clear prior to check in, the questions we ask help us to gain an understanding of your stay so that we can assist you in any way possible. We do have to make all of our customers aware of these policies to ensure this is the right type of accommodation for your needs, this includes advising we have a strict no party policy and establishing whether the stay is for business or leisure reasons.

In regards to a member of staff knocking on your Apartment door to advise you that the noise is to be kept to a minimum, I am sure you appreciate this is for the comfort of all of our guests to ensure a good night’s sleep and no disruption, the noise would have been apparent from the communal hallway.

I apologise that your Apartment was not ready for the earlier check in time of 1pm as this should have been ready for your arrival and I will investigate this further.

Thank you for your lovely feedback in regards to our apartments we pride ourselves on ensuring all of our apartments are maintained to a very high standard, thank you for bringing the couple of minor maintenance issues to my attention, I will ensure these are dealt with immediately. Unfortunately none of the above issues were brought to my attention during your stay if they had I would have been more than happy to discuss and resolve these issues with you, I am sorry you felt that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, however, I do hope this does not deter you from staying with SACO in the future I would really like the opportunity to discuss these items with you further, please feel free to contact me on lpugh@sacoapartments.com or 07818400311 or let me know a convenient time and I will contact you.