“My Birthday Stay @ SACO!”

SACO Birmingham - Brindleyplace
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“My Birthday Stay @ SACO!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed at SACO @ Livingbase for my birthday celebrations in Birmingham recently.

We arrived at SACO mid-afternoon and were greeted by friendly staff who showed us to our apartment. The apartment was LOVELY; bright, big, clean and airy. It was a lot bigger than we expected - 3 double bedrooms over 2 floors. There was everything we needed included at no extra cost - cooker, fridge, microwave, iron and every other appliance you could imagine.

Before going out in Birmingham for the evening we had more friends arrive for a couple of drinks - the apartment held 10 of us very comfortably indeed as there was an 8-seat dining table and a lovely big terrace to use. Our 'visitors' had a good nose around the apartment and were equally impressed! Once we decided to go out for the night, the staff were more than happy to arrange our taxi into the city centre.

After a night of dancing and drinking we arrived back at the apartments - the gentleman on duty was lovely (I don't think I'd have been so nice at 2am to a group of drunken women)! And you know when you get home after a night out and you just want to EAT??? Well, that was no problem as we could literally fall out of the apartment on to Birmingham's busy Broad Street and had our pick of places to eat!

The whole experience was great and myself and the others who stayed have vowed never to use a hotel if there is a SACO Apartment available...they just don't compare. The price when divided by the number of occupants is cheaper than some of the budget hotels but with a feeling of luxury!

I want to live in a SACO apartment...so much so that I have booked again for a night out in October 2012 and again for a birthday outing in November (bearing in mind I live about 12-15 miles from the apartments). I will definitely use SACO when I visit other cities too.

If you want a great experience with all the facilities you need and more, I would definitely recommend using SACO apartments to anybody. ;o)))))

Karla D.
Birmingham

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Karla D
JennieGM, Manager at SACO Birmingham - Brindleyplace, responded to this review, March 6, 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of SACO Birmingham.
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at SACO and we helped to make your birthday even more memorable. We look forward to your future visits!

Marie Williams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My partner and I stayed here for a weekend away and I have to say this was one of the nicest places I have stayed in! We were given a two bedroom apartment and the size of it was amazing our apartment had a good size balcony with awesome views and ipod docking station , two bathrooms etc. will certainly be recommending to all my friends thank you for such a great stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Clementine H
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review of SACO Birmingham.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to SACO on your next visit to Birmingham.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Loved the duplex apartment here, we rented 2 unit of duplex apartments here. Great View! The full equipment kitchen is making my mom sooooo happy! She cooks every nights when we back from shopping... We bought food from Tesco that only takes less than 10 mins walk at Broad St. The River Walk Edge only few mins walk and there have some nice restaurants and pubs around the area. The ICC Hall just across the river!

Room Tip: Remember to ask for duplex apartment once you booked the room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MoNey_Yong
Dear Guest,

Thank you for a lovely review of SACO Birmingham.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit Birmingham.

Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Good apartment and reception from the on site team when arriving. Nice to have a welcome pack ready when you arrive. Apartment was well furnished and finished. Will be using again for business and would recommend suitable for pleasure also as extremely well located on Brindleyplace.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely review of SACO Birmingham.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your future visits when next in Birmingham.

Rugeley
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Beautiful apartments and staff were excellent, thank you for making my stay so stress free. Very easy access to birmingham centre and pubs and clubs. A handy local little supermarket below. To stock up on the bits you forgot. Beds were comfortable and heating was adjustable to make a nice comfy night sleep.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank catherine h
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely review of SACO Birmingham.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Birmingham England
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I have put friends up in Saco @ Livingbase many times and never received anything but a multitude of thanks and praise for offering such an inspired alternative to a Hotel. The girls who look after the place are just so brilliant, can't do enough to help out. The value is top, the accommodation is where you would easily expect a Premiership footy player to live, so fantastic and neat. The least expensive accommodation does not even compare to a hotel room, these are top quality apartments that would cost quarter of a million up if they where on the open market. I just don't know where they buy the beds from but they are not anything like I have slept on before. The apartment, whole building and the setting in the beautiful Brindleyplace must be one of the top spots in the English Midlands, just excellent.

Can't praise it enough, I want to live there ...!!!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the best they give you such marvellous view of the City
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
JennieGM, General Manager at SACO Birmingham - Brindleyplace, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for your review, I am pleased that both yourself and your friends liked the Apartments and I will pass on to the staff you lovely feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Kind regards, Jennie
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I stayed here with my partner for 6 weeks whilst we waited for our new build house to be completed. We had spent 1 week prior at the Spires apartments near the mailbox which wasn't a patch on this.
The apartment was very modern, clean, comfortable and had everything we needed to make it home for the month and a half we spent there.
The location of this apartment meant getting around Birmingham was very convienient and eating out meant just nipping downstairs to brindley place.
The staff here are what makes it so great...everyone on reception is so friendly and welcoming, they always welcome you when you come in after a long day and check if everything is ok and ask if you need anything.
We had one slightly noisy group next door for a night but the reception staff quickly dealt with it and ensured we didnt have any groups next to us for the rest of our stay.
Considering the cost of this apartment is only what you would pay in a standard hotel it is definitely better staying here as you have plenty of space, all the amenities of an apartment and the nicest staff you could wish for!
I highly recommend this place and wouldn't hesitate to stay again should I ever need a home from home!

Room Tip: The 2 beds are the only ones with washing machines but if you ask reception they will happily let yo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank spa83
JennieGM, General Manager at SACO Birmingham - Brindleyplace, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the future.

Jennie