“Home away from home”

SACO Birmingham - Brindleyplace
Florida
“Home away from home”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We always have a huge place here, and really feel we can settle in. Very clean, very comfortable, very friendly staff. Great location. Always our home away from home while in Birmingham.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank malo008
JennieGM, Manager at SACO Birmingham - Brindleyplace, responded to this review, March 6, 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at SACO Birmingham.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found the experience a home away from home.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit Birmingham.

Marie Williams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

Had to stay in Birmingham for business, all the usual hotels were booked up for an event which was taking place. Came across SACO apartments next door to Brindley place.
The accommodation is excellent, very spacious and home from home amenities. The two bedroom apartment had a bathroom each and a lovely sitting area on the mezzanine level.
Whilst I was only there for two nights I can honestly say I could have stayed longer.
Once outside the apartments the choice of bars and restaurants would appeal no matter what your taste.
A great find will definately use again.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank SarahLouJ
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we cannot wait to welcome you back in the future.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

Brijesh Kotecha Booked this as an overnight stay because of the fantastic reviews on Trip Adviser, it met and exceeded our expectations. This is definitely THE place to stay in Birmingham Amazing rooms, super staff, nothing too much trouble. Would definitely recommend to anyone and am looking forward to a return visit.
Brijesh Kotecha

• Stayed March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a brilliant review of SACO Birmingham.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and i will pass on your kind comments to all the staff here at SACO.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Birmingham.

Bristol
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Not stayed in a serviced apartment before but will definitely be opting for this in the future. Miles ahead of a lot of 'cheap and cheerful' hotel options, these spacious apartments were ideal for a recent business trip. Brilliant location in B'ham, great layout with lots of space for two colleagues that need a bit of head space after a busy day, plus nice touches and stylsih finishes. Enjoying a beer on the balcony, next to a big tele and iPod in the docking stereo....this is the life!
Great value for money! Consider this before going down the usual hotel routes.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of SACO Birmingham.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to SACO when you are next in Birmingham.

Harpenden, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I stayed in a two bedroom apartment on the 10th floor, and was very impressed by the SACO apartments. Well located, well furnished, and very comfortable. The welcome back (tea, coffee, milk etc) was greatly appreciated.

The apartment are a 3 minute walk from the bars and restaurants in and around Brindleyplace, which meant we had no trouble finding something to eat (the handmade burger place is highly recommended) despite arriving fairly late.

I'll certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was 10/3: very quiet (although we were there midweek).
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
JennieGM, General Manager at SACO Birmingham - Brindleyplace, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for leaving us a review, it is always nice to hear when someone has enjoyed their stay with us here at SACO. We look forward to welcoming you back to SACO Birmingham in the future.

Kind regards, Jennie
Kingston Upon Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I have stayed in these apartments recently for almost 3 weeks - every week in a different apartment. I find SACO apartments really great to stay but I must say there were few problems I have had this time. First of all reception is supposed to be open 24h and it not always is. On couple of occasions I had an issue to be dealt with and there was nobody there. I arrived to the apartments just after 11 p.m. and my key wasn't waiting for me in the safe. I had to call under the number given and I was instructed what to do which is fine but previous week I left a bag with my things to pick up on the next arrival and it wasn't prepared for me so I had to carry on until next day without my things which was disappointing. Another thing: cleanliness. Overall it was clean but when I started cooking I found lots of pans, pots and utensils could do with a proper wash. Someone should be checking it regularly. The quality of kitchen stuff differed depending on apartment and in 2 of them they were pretty used, maybe some of them should be even changed for new ones. Next thing: service. SACO apartments are called "serviced" and I don't know exactly what does it mean. I had someone coming to take the rubbish every day but same time they haven't bothered to take totally soaking wet bath mat from the floor (here another problem: water from the shower went everywhere no matter how much I tried to avoid it - simply because the glass wing wasn't big enough to stop it coming out). That repeated in all the apartments I stayed in. The last issue I had was a boiler or whatever that was what caused the lack of hot water after 5 minutes of taking shower - twice during my last week of stay! The gentleman from reception told me that if I still don't have hot water after 1h (it was 11 p.m. when I called!), he will send engineer in the morning (thanks!) Nobody checked it next day so the situation repeated again when I was trying to take a bath. Only after that egineer was sent next morning and discovered something was broken and needed fixing.

As you see, not everything went smoothly but I am still a big fan of SACO in whole UK. The bed was comfortable, location - great, view from the window - fantastic and the apartment was very spacious. I think I wasn't lucky this time having all these problems - that's all...

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Aventuryn
Thank you for leaving a review, I am sorry you had some issues and problems during your stay. We take customer feedback very seriously I would be more than happy to discuss this with you to ensure these issues or indeed any issues do not happen on any future stays. Please contact me to discuss further my email address is jbuckley@sacoapartments.com or my mobile number is 07717 626 490. Again please accept our sincere apologies for your issues and I hope this does not deter you from staying with us again.

Kind regards, Jennie
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 12, 2012

My family of 6 recently spent 3 weeks living at Saco in Birmingham and had a terrific time. The apartment was open, airy and modern. Lots of windows and a wonderful view of downtown. There was enough living space for 6 of us (2 small ones) that we never felt cramped or the need to "escape" from the room.

We were walking distance to lots of pubs, restaurants, attractions and the general buzz found along Broadstreet. The German market was running before Christmas and we spent many days walking through the various food, crafts and entertainment. It was fantastics/ We had a number of nice walks and meals along the canals as well which apparently have been cleaned up recently and they added more charm to the area.

The staff were incedibly friendly and very accomodating to our various needs. We had a couple of small malfunctions with washing machines and showers but the staff found ways to help us manage through with limited disruption. New Years that close to Broad Street can be a little noisy and we had our share of noisey neighbours but overall the proximity to the buzz on Broadstreet was a plus for our family.

I highly recommend the Saco apartments in Birmingham for any extended or larger group stays. It was more economical and spacious than any hotel could be.

Room Tip: The view from the 12th floor was spectacular (other than all that miserable rain!).
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of SACO Birmingham.