Travelodge Birmingham Central Broadway Plaza Hotel
Travelocity
$100
$91
Agoda.com
All reviewsbroad streetodeon cinemafrankie and bennystravel lodgecar parkcity centrefamily roomnight staythe room was nicebed was comfortablesymphony halltea and coffeemin walkreception stafffull englishstayed for one nightnew street
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Do not stay in this hotel if you want any sleep. I know it is a city centre hotel but for noise it is terrible, the windows and walls are paper thin all I have heard for the last three night is the conversations of people outside and I am now laid in bed at 23.25 listening to what sounds like a Hoover but no one is sure because reception will try and see if they can sort it but they aren't sure?!? Forgive me if I sound a little blunt and narky but this is my third night here and I have yet to ,amaze to get to sleep before midnight in fact the earliest so far has been 1.30! I will not be booking here again my advice if you get get it is to book the jury's inn on broad street or one of the premier inns on broad street. The staff here are friendly but that's about it I'm afraid :-(

Room Tip: Do not choose room 115
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
TravelodgeUK, Dianne from customer Care at Travelodge Birmingham Central Broadway Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thanks for your review Janet H, we’re really sorry to hear about the disruption you have been experiencing at our hotel during your stay. We’d like to be able to contact you to find a resolution so please could you visit our website and select the contact us link to tell us more. By selecting the link, you can submit a contact us form and when doing so please indicate you have followed this link from Tripadvisor.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed here with a group of friends , everything from the start of the stay was very pleasant. Had to pay ten pounds as checking into room early but wasnt a problem. All three rooms was very clean and had everything u needed. I huge mention to the night receptionist i think his name was Jay? He advised our group where to go for the evening and at the end of our night he gave us tea and coffee which was very appreciated! He is a credit to the hotel!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
TravelodgeUK, Steve from Customer Care at Travelodge Birmingham Central Broadway Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thanks for your review spike123x, we’ve just finished freshening up our whole hotel with a full makeover, including our brand new ‘Travelodge Dreamer’ pocket sprung kingsize bed. Lots more of our hotels will be getting our new look this year, so it’s really good to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We’ll pass on your praise to our night receptionist.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have stayed here a few times.. There is not one fault to be found. Their bedrooms and bathrooms are very clean. And if you wasn't happy with anything they will do their upmost to correct any errors. members of staff are very friendly and helpful. You can relax just like you do in your house.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed overnight to attend a party nearbyand was pleasantly surprisedat what a warm welcome and comfortable room.and staff on check in and departure were extremely helpful.the young lady duty manager Nusha was very pleasant even in to the early gourds of the morning. A good stay and well worth the price paid.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Had the misfortune to be booked in here by someone else here for a reunion. We fell victim of the company policies. Arrived too early, rooms not available. Told to come back later only to be told the rooms had been re-let.
My friend was dispatched to another Travelodge miles away (this all late at night). I refused and wrote off the prepaid money and took a taxi to a decent hotel. Can't blame the staff, it is the company policies that just seem nonsensical and not deserving of your custom unless you are very very desparate. As an individual no point in complaining they won't change.
Note: this is a repost. My original appears to have been removed? Or at least disappeared fom my profile.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
TravelodgeUK, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Birmingham Central Broadway Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear SomersetReporter,

Thank you for your post. We are sorry to learn of your disappointment on this occasion.

We would like to fully investigate your concerns. To assist us, please visit our main Travelodge website and use the ‘Contact Us’ form to provide us with full details of your issues and your booking number. We can then investigate, and provide a resolution for you.