2,289 results
All reviewsgay villagetriple roomshower and toiletwhat it says on the tinrooms are basicnew street stationminute walkcontinental breakfastbirmingham centreshort stayreception areawould stay againcar parkinggood nights sleepstayed here for one nightbull ringnight's sleep
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I love the Ibis Budget, you know exactly what to expect from the hotel as they are all the same.

Beautifully simple rooms, nice clean and sturdy bed with soft pillows and a TV.

Check In was easy and simple, key access to the stairs so plus one for security, internet access for a low price, and easy access to the town centre via the little under-street subway tunnels.

I will repeat, I love the IBIS =) Never complain with them.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul U, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Paul Upton | General Manager

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I made my second visit to this hotel last week. As a budget hotel its faultless. The parking is very good with wide bays which is a bonus. Checking in is swift and pleasant. The room was spotlessly clean. Comfy bed with nice crisp sheets and thick towels to use after your shower. The shower was easy to use and i didnt scold myself or freeze as has been the case in many hotels. Good thick blind at the window so no waking up at the break of dawn. No problems with noise. Plentiful breakfast which is buffet style (not full English). Toast, cereals, pasteries, cheeses, jams, ham, fresh fruits, yogurts, croissants, coffees, teas, fresh juice. Lovely chocolate cup cakes!! Breakfast is served until 10.00am. Very pleasant and helpful staff at all times. The position of the hotel is really good with it just being a short walk to the main shopping areas and right next door to the O2. Buses are frequent from the main road just a short walk away. 126 for the Canal side. Checking out was easy and another friendly face. There is a machine to pay for your parking in reception which is £4 for 24 hours again excellent value. I will certainly use this hotel for any stays i have in Birmingham. The value for money is exceptional.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

I found this place to be a Good Location and Clean Environment and also Not as
Expensive as other places

The Quality of accomodation was of a reasonable Standard and it was reasonably quiet
and peaceful

Staff were Helpful and it is ideal for setting out to Birmingham city centre

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Paul Upton | General Manager

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I wasn't expecting this hotel to be as nice as it was. The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. The hotel was within reasonable walking distant to the town centre. The breakfast was great, can't complain. However the lift wasn't working - I'm fine, I can manage stairs but it was painful seeing other guests struggle. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Paul U, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I'm pleased to advise that works have begun on restoring our lifts and we hope to have them back in service shortly. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Paul Upton | General Manager

Reviewed June 23, 2013

As the advert goes this hotel "does what it sells on the tin" budget hotel in the centre of the city.
Not the nicest areas of the city and on a busy main road but handy for the nightlife which is the reason for most people staying there on the saturday night I was there.
Pleasantly surprised by the standard of the room which was fairly small but immaculately clean with good hot shower, comfortable bed and all you really need for an overnight stay.
Staff were friendly in spite of what some previous comments have shown and there is a small shop selling sandwiches, drinks etc which is good as there doesnt seem to be much around the hotel in the way of shops.
The vast majority of people staying at the hotel were young and in groups ready for a night out which means that its pretty noisy so if you are looking for a hotel to have a relaxing stay with early nights then its probably not for you on a saturday night.
My first floor room overlooked the entrance and road. the air con did not seem to be working properly so I had the window open which meant that the noise from people and traffic was very noticable but not unbearable.
One negative point was that the lifts were not working and judging from previous comments this seems to have been an issue for a while. Luckily I was on the first floor so just 2 flights of stairs to carry my bag and the staff did ask if I needed any assitance but would be a trek if you are up on the 4th floor.
Overall I would definately recommend this hotel for a good quality budget hotel, no frills and near to the nightlife.

Room Tip: Rooms over entrance/road can be noisy if you have the window open. If the lifts are still not working ask for low floor
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the ibis budget, Birmingham Centre. I'm pleased to confirm works have begun on restoring our lifts and we hope to have them back in operation shortly. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Paul Upton | General Manager