2,288 results
All reviewsgay villagetriple roomshower and toiletwhat it says on the tinrooms are basicnew street stationminute walkcontinental breakfastbirmingham centreshort stayreception areawould stay againcar parkinggood nights sleepstayed here for one nightbull ringnight's sleep
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I wasn't expecting this hotel to be as nice as it was. The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. The hotel was within reasonable walking distant to the town centre. The breakfast was great, can't complain. However the lift wasn't working - I'm fine, I can manage stairs but it was painful seeing other guests struggle. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Paul U, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I'm pleased to advise that works have begun on restoring our lifts and we hope to have them back in service shortly. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Paul Upton | General Manager

Reviewed June 23, 2013

As the advert goes this hotel "does what it sells on the tin" budget hotel in the centre of the city.
Not the nicest areas of the city and on a busy main road but handy for the nightlife which is the reason for most people staying there on the saturday night I was there.
Pleasantly surprised by the standard of the room which was fairly small but immaculately clean with good hot shower, comfortable bed and all you really need for an overnight stay.
Staff were friendly in spite of what some previous comments have shown and there is a small shop selling sandwiches, drinks etc which is good as there doesnt seem to be much around the hotel in the way of shops.
The vast majority of people staying at the hotel were young and in groups ready for a night out which means that its pretty noisy so if you are looking for a hotel to have a relaxing stay with early nights then its probably not for you on a saturday night.
My first floor room overlooked the entrance and road. the air con did not seem to be working properly so I had the window open which meant that the noise from people and traffic was very noticable but not unbearable.
One negative point was that the lifts were not working and judging from previous comments this seems to have been an issue for a while. Luckily I was on the first floor so just 2 flights of stairs to carry my bag and the staff did ask if I needed any assitance but would be a trek if you are up on the 4th floor.
Overall I would definately recommend this hotel for a good quality budget hotel, no frills and near to the nightlife.

Room Tip: Rooms over entrance/road can be noisy if you have the window open. If the lifts are still not working ask for low floor
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the ibis budget, Birmingham Centre. I'm pleased to confirm works have begun on restoring our lifts and we hope to have them back in operation shortly. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Paul Upton | General Manager

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here for one night to celebrate another friends birthday in Brindley Place. We didn't want to spend a fortune as were were going out to have a few drinks and we weren't gonna be in the room long anyway. So as long as it was somewhere to get ready, put our head down that night and was clean, it was gonna be perfect.

For the money, it's excellent. The room was spotlessly clean. Yes the toilet is tiny, but it doesn't matter really. We were in and out of it anyway. The blinds on the window were blackout which was good too. We didn't hear much noise from other guests either. The lift still wasn't working, but we were only on 2nd floor.

Taxis were outside and cost £6 to Brindley Place. Also when we returned back to hotel we were starving and the security guy gave us pizza delivery flyers for a place over the road and we had a big fat juicy pizza delivered direct to our room. Perfect after a boozy night.

My only gripe was the plug sockets were the other side of the room to the mirrors. So using hairdryer/straighteners was awkward as you couldn't see what you were doing from so far away.

Will defo return. If you're looking for somewhere clean to put you're head down, this is the place. No point spending a fortune if you're not in the room much and you're drunk when you return back. I will be recommending it, but not to a couple looking for a romantic weekend.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip hopefully! Kind regards, Paul Upton | General Manager

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed at this ibis budget hotel and I was pleasantly surprise. I wasn't expecting it to be a nice as it was. Very clean room, however there was a smell coming from the drains from the shower room. Neither less it was very clean.

Excellent location to the main city center, 5 mins or less.

However a few members of staff needs to go on a customer service course as they do not know what they are doing. One member of staff
Failed to give me my correct change back from a £10 note I was meant to recieve £6.00 change back. Went back to complain and nothing came of it, so I failed to get my money back. Awful customer service!!!

Food availble is very basic you can get great meal deals for under £5.
but the breakfast buffet is awful!! It consists of bread and cereal only!! no hot meals. So we ended up going to the local weatherspoons for a great English breaky for under £5.

overal its perfect for a quick weekender if you are young not great for families.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank ellie88xx
Paul U, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for your comments, we can assure you that the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly. Kind regards, Paul Upton | General Manager

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Great stay, shame about all the noise during the night and the next morning. Being on the top 4th floor was okay but with no lifts working!! My dad and his friends all over 65 years struggled several times up and down. Not happy and did impact on our stay.
Clean & adequate rooms though.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to the ibis budget, Birmingham Centre. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the lift, which we are addressing. Kind regards, Paul Upton | General Manager