2,289 results
All reviewsgay villagetriple roomshower and toiletwhat it says on the tinrooms are basicnew street stationminute walkcontinental breakfastbirmingham centreshort stayreception areawould stay againcar parkinggood nights sleepstayed here for one nightbull ringnight's sleep
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed at this ibis budget hotel and I was pleasantly surprise. I wasn't expecting it to be a nice as it was. Very clean room, however there was a smell coming from the drains from the shower room. Neither less it was very clean.

Excellent location to the main city center, 5 mins or less.

However a few members of staff needs to go on a customer service course as they do not know what they are doing. One member of staff
Failed to give me my correct change back from a £10 note I was meant to recieve £6.00 change back. Went back to complain and nothing came of it, so I failed to get my money back. Awful customer service!!!

Food availble is very basic you can get great meal deals for under £5.
but the breakfast buffet is awful!! It consists of bread and cereal only!! no hot meals. So we ended up going to the local weatherspoons for a great English breaky for under £5.

overal its perfect for a quick weekender if you are young not great for families.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank ellie88xx
Paul U, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for your comments, we can assure you that the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly. Kind regards, Paul Upton | General Manager

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Great stay, shame about all the noise during the night and the next morning. Being on the top 4th floor was okay but with no lifts working!! My dad and his friends all over 65 years struggled several times up and down. Not happy and did impact on our stay.
Clean & adequate rooms though.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to the ibis budget, Birmingham Centre. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the lift, which we are addressing. Kind regards, Paul Upton | General Manager

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Location - excellent for our needs.
Price - very good.
Comfort - Not good.

Check in was quick and easy. Sadly when we visited the lifts were out of order. Fortunately we were on the 1st floor. Felt sorry for those higher up. Stayed out of order all weekend.
Room was clean. Shower and toilet compact but servicable. The 'bed' was a wooden board with a thin mattress on the top. There was no support and quality of sleep was terrible. This is what I would expect in a hostel; not in a recently branded ibis (although admittedlt 'budget') hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Paul U, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to the ibis budget, Birmingham Centre. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the comfort of the bed, which we will forward to our development team. Kind regards, Paul Upton | General Manager

Reviewed June 17, 2013

So, my friend and I were looking for somewhere reasonably priced, we came across this hotel and it was advertised as easy to get to, in Birmingham city centre, within walking distance of the train station.
It was on the outskirts of the city centre, we had to drag our luggage with us. It was in a really rough, out of the way area.
When we arrived the lift was broken, although there wasn't a cue for the front desk we were waiting for ages to be seen.
When we asked about another lift as we had four pieces of luggage we were told our room was on the first floor, so surely we could carry it up a flight of stairs. It may be a budget hotel but manners cost nothing.
We got to our room, it was spotless, I will say that. The one issue that the handle on our window was broken so we were afraid to open and close it. The other issue was that there were two of us and they only supplied one towel, I went down to ask for another and I received attitude once again.
We arrived on the Thursday for a night, and we had been booked in to return on the Sunday, but booked a Travelodge instead. Do not stay here!!!

1  Thank RVJarrett

I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter. Kind regards, Paul Upton | General Manager

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Good value for this price. The process of check in and check out is quite convenient.
Just 15 minutes walk from railway station.
The shower water is hot enough. Although no kettle is provided, hot water can be collected downstaris.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Paul U, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Paul Upton | General Manager