2,298 results
All reviews gay village triple room shower and toilet what it says on the tin rooms are basic new street station minute walk continental breakfast short stay birmingham centre reception area would stay again car parking good nights sleep stayed here for one night bull ring night's sleep
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Location - excellent for our needs.
Price - very good.
Comfort - Not good.

Check in was quick and easy. Sadly when we visited the lifts were out of order. Fortunately we were on the 1st floor. Felt sorry for those higher up. Stayed out of order all weekend.
Room was clean. Shower and toilet compact but servicable. The 'bed' was a wooden board with a thin mattress on the top. There was no support and quality of sleep was terrible. This is what I would expect in a hostel; not in a recently branded ibis (although admittedlt 'budget') hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Paul U, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to the ibis budget, Birmingham Centre. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the comfort of the bed, which we will forward to our development team. Kind regards, Paul Upton | General Manager

Reviewed June 17, 2013

So, my friend and I were looking for somewhere reasonably priced, we came across this hotel and it was advertised as easy to get to, in Birmingham city centre, within walking distance of the train station.
It was on the outskirts of the city centre, we had to drag our luggage with us. It was in a really rough, out of the way area.
When we arrived the lift was broken, although there wasn't a cue for the front desk we were waiting for ages to be seen.
When we asked about another lift as we had four pieces of luggage we were told our room was on the first floor, so surely we could carry it up a flight of stairs. It may be a budget hotel but manners cost nothing.
We got to our room, it was spotless, I will say that. The one issue that the handle on our window was broken so we were afraid to open and close it. The other issue was that there were two of us and they only supplied one towel, I went down to ask for another and I received attitude once again.
We arrived on the Thursday for a night, and we had been booked in to return on the Sunday, but booked a Travelodge instead. Do not stay here!!!

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank RVJarrett

I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter. Kind regards, Paul Upton | General Manager

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Good value for this price. The process of check in and check out is quite convenient.
Just 15 minutes walk from railway station.
The shower water is hot enough. Although no kettle is provided, hot water can be collected downstaris.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Paul U, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Paul Upton | General Manager

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Honestly, I was extremely dubious of this hotel before we arrived. My partner and I paid £20 between us for one night here, by waiving our cancellation/refund rights for their "Happy-20" deal. For such a lot price, I will admit, I was not expecting brilliance.

However, I am pleased to say that I was totally wrong on this score! Upon arriving in Birmingham New Street station, I got out my iPhone's map, and we used it to guide us on the ten minute walk to the hotel. We were in the city for a gig at the HMV Institute, and as students, the price of the hotel was what persuaded us to book.

Upon entering the hotel through a pleasantly lit foyer, we spoke to the receptionist, who cheerfully gave us our room keys after having my partner fill out some forms, and sent us on our way with an unfortunate sentiment of "the lifts are out of order". I'm not marking them down for this, however, simply because I know that this occasionally can't be helped, and we were only on the second floor.

Upon entering our room, I was blown away by its cleanliness! The beds were perfectly made, and there was a slight smell of fresh paint about the place. There was a handy corner with some clothing hangers for our clothes in the corner, a small desk and chair by the window, a television, and a roomy double bed. Oddly enough, the sink and shower provided were technically in the same room, but being a student with a decidedly worse outlook of no shower to myself whatsoever at home, this really didn't phase me or my partner. The towels were all clean, and we were provided with some soap on the side of the sink.

A warning to some people; the toilet room is insanely small! Something of a joke between my partner and I (he's 6'2 and not tiny), we managed just fine despite its size, but just to let people know, it is very, very boxlike.

There is no carpet on the floor of the rooms, which lent to a very airy, roomy feel in the room. A thermostat on the wall let us control our own heating, and there were so many lighting options, it was unreal! These lights were all controllable from the bed, which was handy for when we returned to the hotel that night, shattered and ready to fall into bed.

One of the best parts about this room was the later-than-average check out time; with kick out set at noon, we were able to have quite a nice lie in!

We are set to be going to a gig in January at the O2 academy, which you can see from the lobby, so we will be very happily visiting again, this time with breakfast booked too!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Paul Upton | General Manager

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We arrived on the 13th June very late at night. Check in was quick and the young chap behind reception was brilliant, so nice to see a lovely smile and fantastic service at such a late hour. Security were visible but didn't seem very alert as they seemed to be playing games on their phones. We proceeded to our room and was pleasantly surprised. A nice comfortable room all be it a little small, but ideal for a short stay. Tea and coffee was available in reception. The hotel is ideally located in the city centre. Check out was quick a lovely lady called Anya was most helpful too. Overall a nice hotel this is our second visit in a month and will return next week for a family function.

• Stayed: June 2013
Paul U, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013