Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Centre
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
2,186 results
All reviewscity centregay villagetriple roomshower and toiletwhat it says on the tinrooms are basicminute walknew street stationcontinental breakfastreception areashort staywould stay againcar parkinggood nights sleepbull ringstayed here for one nighttea and coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 24, 2013

A one night stay and as usual IBIS BUDGET lives up to its expectation for me for being in the perfect location at a great price with spotless accommodation, and friendly, helpful staff. That's all I wanted to say...& succinctly! TA need 200 words apparantly to accept a review (my first) I think they need reviewing for their Review service...I find that silly!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank andynpton
Paul U, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Reviewed March 22, 2013

good stay excellent value for price i stayed 3 nights good sleep fairly quiet especially for the size of hotel the only thing the lifts never worked but it was not a problem definetely stay there in november when i return.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel. Please be assured, we are working hard to have the problem with our lifts resolved as soon as possible. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Book as far in advance as possible to make the best of great deals. It's a very easy walk into the city and you can park free (and easily) on the road outside. On Sunday night we paid just £19 for the room. The beds, this time though, were very hard which caused a problem and the lifts have been out of order since before Christmas. However, would highly recommend this place for a budget deal.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to out hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the bed and lifts, which we are addressing.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is a brilliant hotel if you are going to the O2 Academy as it's only a 30 second walk away. I've stayed here 3 times now & can't fault it for £20 a night. It's clean & comfortable & my only complaint would be that the pillows are a bit thin. The rooms are spacious enough although the layout is a little weird. The toilet has it's own little room but the sink & shower is in the main room.

I've never heard any noise or been disturbed through the night whilst staying here. I'd recommend putting up the Do Not Disturb sign though if you plan on sleeping in otherwise you'll get a knock from housekeeping.

I will always choose to stay here whilst staying in Birmingham because the price just cannot be beaten. It's simple but that is all you want for a night's stay. There are no tea or coffee making facilites but there is a tv. The location doesn't feel the safest to get to of a night walking back from the centre so I tend to avoid the underpass in the dark.

Another good thing about this hotel is that they allow 3 adults to stay in one room so aslong as someone doesn't mind sleeping on the bunk bed that only brings the price up to £30. I have never seen another hotel allow 3 adults.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip hopefully!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed here for one night due to commitments at University. Having read previous reviews, I wasn't entirely sure what to expect. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The lady on reception was incredibly friendly and showed me a route which would avoid using the subways at night. The room itself was clean, compact, and comfortable. The hotel's proximity to Chinatown and the Arcadian make it a good place to stay. I had a good night's sleep with minimal noise from the road. For a budget hotel, the shower was incredibly impressive too! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Many thanks for your kind review. I am glad my team made your stay enjoyable. We hope to see you again soon.