Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Centre
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
2,186 results
All reviewscity centregay villagetriple roomshower and toiletwhat it says on the tinrooms are basicminute walknew street stationcontinental breakfastreception areashort staywould stay againcar parkinggood nights sleepbull ringstayed here for one nighttea and coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I know you get what you pay for and at £13.50p.p.p.nI didn't expect luxury but I do expect the very basics which include tea/coffee making facilities, clean sheets and hand soap in the toilet.

The room we were put in suited the purpose but there was no wardrobe or any drawers to store your clothes in but there was a stump on the wall with some hangers on it. The toilet was just a wet room where the water from the shower would flow away from the drain thus flooding the bathroom.

The room is very flat pack and minimalist but at the prices we paid we didn't expect silk sheet

Plus side though there is food available 24/7, a reasonably priced breakfast buffet available downstairs.

My mate and I couldn't complain to much about this hotel, as we were out all day till very late in the evening and only used this hotel to sleep in so it suited us down to a T for the 3 days we stayed there.

I actually would stay in this hotel again despite its flaws as we were close to the train/bus station and other City Centre Attractions that we used so its a very central hotel but far out enough that you do get a quiet sleep.

The few times we used the Reception Desk the staff were courteous and friendly expect when we checked out. We walked up to the desk and a member of staff was there waiting, I said with a smile "Good Morning, we'd like to check out please". She just took the room key card out of my hand and said "OK" before looking at me as if to say "what?!" so it was me the customer who said "Thank you" and "Goodbye" and we left.

I was really annoyed as she never even displayed the basics in Customer Service and its the first hotel that I've stayed in anywhere in the world where we were not asked how are stay was?, thanked us for using their hotel or wished a safe journey home-might not be the most important thing but as a customer its a bit of manners that goes a long way.

Overall though, for the price of our stay and the length of time we actually stayed in the Hotel and in our room it suited us fine and I would stay there again if I had to return to Birmingham.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Paul U, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future. I will be sharing your comments regarding departure with my team to ensure that they are made aware of their actions.

Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

My review title says it all very clean basic and affordable perfect to put your head down for a short stay over in Birmingham. Use this hotel fairly regular for nights out cause of the central location and know of a few people who find staying over here cheaper than the taxi fare home - happy days :)

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank ian191
Paul U, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel again very soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Very reasonable priced room, arrived late on Saturday 3rd november night hotel reception was lively.
There were three security staff on the door made me feel very secure, there were two receptionists on duty and they were amazing despite being very busy. They swiftly checked us in and one of them assisted me to the room as I had a lot of bags he also showed me how the room air conditioning worked setting a very nice room temperature. Room was very nice for a budget hotel. A few loud characters were around the corridor but security were quick to move them on and it was quiet for the rest of the evening.Loved the mood lights and shower was very powerful. Tv was a flat screen boasting a lot more channels than the more expensive travelodge up the road. Bed was very comfortable leading to a very good nights sleep. Would always choose this hotel when I come to Birmingham again...excellent staff, excellent rooms, car parking, excellent security, unbeatable rates!!!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Paul U, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul U, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Reviewed November 2, 2012

After receiving awful customer service and have 2 bad nights in the Travelodge - Bullring, I moved to the Ibis Budget hotel. I wish I had stayed here from the beginning.

There was enough staff to help all customers, the rooms were clean, the showers were great.

Although the rooms were small, it felt like a bedroom from home... Comfortable, compact. The freeview television worked great. The TV Channel names appeared on-screen to help you.

The snack/drinks bar in reception area was great to save travelling to the shops.

The hotel has a secure car park at the rate of £4 a day which is great!

The location was ok... Great for people visiting O2 academy.
There were a few restaurants around.

Very happy and would defo stay again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Paul U, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel in the near future.