“great value”

Ranked #27 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Stafford, United Kingdom
“great value”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stayed again with some friends this time
Rooms are still in good clean condition
Staff are friendly and the cost is reasonable
Great breakfast for less than a fiver, for full English, toast and endless coffe

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank davegirling
Claire E, Manager at The Briar Rose Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Hello Davegirling,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. I see that you're a regular guest with us from your other reviews - it's always so nice when guests return to us time and again.

I see that you appreciate the good value we offer here as well as the high quality of our rooms. Thank you for your comment regarding the friendly staff; we pride ourselves on great service so it is always appreciated when this is recognised.

I'm glad you enjoyed your full English breakfast in our restaurant next door - you just can't beat a good Wetherspoon fry up!

Thank you again for staying with and reviewing us and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Castle Bromwich
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed on a Saturday night. Location is fantastic right in the centre. Staff will go out of their way to help you, nothing is ever too much trouble. Rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean with a great power shower. Joined on to the Briar Rose pub but little noise heard from it. Will definitely be returning.

Stayed May 2014
Claire E, Manager at The Briar Rose Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Hello James 91152,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much. We are very lucky to be in such a great central location.
I am especially happy with your comments regarding the service; we really do work hard to make sure our guests are well looked after so it is much appreciated when this is noticed.
I agree with you about the showers too - they are amazing!

Once again, thank you so much for such a sparkling review and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here a few time and it never fails to impress. Staff are very friendly and the rooms are spotless and very well appointed. The view is not always great if you room is on the back but it is a city center so its to be expected.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hello Gillian W,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review about your stay with us.

I am so glad you enjoyed your visit - ''it never fails to impress'' - what a kind thing to say! We do always work so hard here to keep all of our guests happy so I am very pleased that you found all of our staff to be very friendly.

I understand your comment about the view, Birmingham is a very busy city centre so as you say, a scenic view cannot always be guaranteed. Maybe I should plant some trees on the rooftops... not sure I would get planning permission for it though! I am glad it did not affect your visit however.

Once again, thank you for your review and I hope to see you again soon.

Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I took my fiancee away for her birthday on 16th may 2014 at the briar rose hotel and was greeted pleasantly and made to feel welcome by the manager Claire who made the effort to make us feel welcome as it was first time visiting and also helped us to arrange table at pub/restaurant on site where the food was exceptionally nice and reasonable priced. i had mixed grill and my partner had the angus steak which he throughly enjoyed. The room was clean and tidy and a superb size for the occasion. Although the hotel is situated in the middle of town, no noise was heard from the town or clubs locally. Great night stay and excellent night sleep. We went down for breakfast the next morning which was reasonably priced and really nice quality food. We also got checked out by Claire as she was on again the next day and was polite and friendly and also looked after our luggage in a locked up downstairs cupboard as we went shopping in town. We would recommend this hotel especially for couples looking for a night away. A++++++ P.s. Much thanks to Claire and Staff

Room Tip: The luxury room was superb would recommend.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank samlouise18
Hello Samantha,

Wow, what a sparkling review! I am so happy that you and your fiance had such a fantastic time here. We really do our best to keep all of our guests happy so it's very rewarding to read reviews like this.

I note that you also enjoyed our Wetherspoon restaurant and pub next door. I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to our kitchen and pub team. I agree with you about the excellent value and quality breakfast too, you cannot beat a good Wetherspoon breakfast!

I see that you stayed in a luxury room - these rooms really are something special. I hope you took advantage of the room service and late check out that we offer with these rooms. A real treat when you've had a big night out!

Thank you again Samantha and I look forward to seeing you and your fiance again soon.

gloucester,england
Reviewed May 26, 2014

This Wetherspoons hotel has a great feel, rooms clean and well maintained. We had a room to the rear of the building as we found the lower front rooms can be a little noisy at week-ends. Our breakfast was very good value and the service first class. Have to say how helpful the staff are, it really is nice to be greeted with a genuine smile so well done to all.

Room Tip: There is no parking so check out the nearby facilities before you travel. We found a car park by the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank grumpyoldfart
Hello Sir (I don't feel I can address you by your username!),

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review about your stay with us. I am so pleased with your comments regarding our staff. You are right, it really is nice to be greeted with a genuine smile and I am proud that all of our staff are always so happy to help.

I understand your point regarding a little noise at the weekends. I suppose that's what we get for sitting in the middle of Birmingham city centre! I am glad you were not affected on your visit.

I will also be sure to pass on your kind comments regarding the breakfast to our kitchen and bar teams. It really is nice to be appreciated.

Once again, thank you so much for writing such a good review for us and I hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Extremely good services provided. Went way above and beyond the expectations and provided one of, if not the best room I have ever stayed in. The room was immaculate upon arrival and the staff on shift were excellent in all areas. I would recommend this as a place to stay for anyone in the Birmingham area.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sammy K
Hello Sammy K,

Well what a fantastic review! To be described as 'amazing' is just what we work so hard to achieve and I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself at The Briar Rose Hotel.

We always do our best to make sure our guests have a great time and I really do appreciate your comments regarding the service - "Went way above and beyond the expectations" - this is just the kind of thing we are always trying to do so thank you for noticing.

Our rooms are indeed as clean as clean can be, our hard-working housekeepers will be pleased to read your comment regarding your immaculate room.

Once again, thank you so much for your custom and I hope to see you again soon.

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Stayed overnight during a visit to Birmingham. The Briar Rose follows Wetherspoons Hotel template offering clean, contemporary décor, the usual Wetherspoon Fayre and superb access to the city centre. Ideal for a City Break! Room 207 that we occupied hardly enjoyed a panoramic vista of Birmingham's mix of architecture from its window overlooking an enclosed area and there was some continuous background noise from (I assume) an air extractor of some sort; however on a positive note It meant that we were consequently isolated from any noise generated by people/revellers outside during the early hours. Staff were friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Steve J
BriarRosehotel, Receptionist at The Briar Rose Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2015
Dear Steve J,

Thank you for taking time out to leave us a review.

We are glad to hear you enjoyed you stay with us.

Unfortunately some of our bedrooms so look onto a court yard behind the hotel and other neighbouring buildings, however what we lack in our views we make up for in perfect central location.

We hope to see you again soon.

Many thanks