“Great value city stay”

PREMIER SUITES Birmingham
Ranked #79 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 11, 2013

If you stay Saturday and Sunday they do a deal. It beat any good hotel price. We loved it because it is a proper flat with kitchen and living area. 5 minute walk from train station. Right next to market and shopping centre. We heard no outside noise. Staff very friendly. Very clean. Would defiantly stay again next time in Birmingham.

• Stayed: June 2013
GMBirmingham, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for the great review and the 5/5 scoring, it's lovely to read you enjoyed your stay with us and that my team made you welcome.
I hope I can welcome you back soon

Claire, General Manager

There are newer reviews for PREMIER SUITES Birmingham

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed three weeks in one of these apartments - 5 minutes walk from New St station, they are ideal for a base while visiting all parts of the UK. The facilities are as advertised: comfortable and well-equipped; the kitchen is perfectly adequate, modern and with everything in good working order. The staff were inconspicuous and always friendly and helpful. It's not a very pretty area but it hardly could be when so near to the station and city center - you have to decide your priorities. Noise-proofing is excellent and security is very good. Birmingham has some good hotels and if pampering is one's priority I don't think an apartment will cut it. But for a spacious base handy for everything a business traveler needs (good broadband internet included) I think these are fantastic value and I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
GMBirmingham, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Thank you for your great review on your recent stay, I will ensure all the staff is aware of your comments. I hope you have a safe journey when you go home and I hope I can welcome you back in the future.

Kindest Regards Claire, General Manager

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed here recently on business whilst working in the city. The apartments are tired and in need of a major refurbishment. The photos are well out of date and bear no relation to the state of the rooms. Kitchens are poorly equipped and in need of a deep clean. The apartments back on to the wholesale fruit and veg market so the noise of lorries arriving starts late evening and the noise continues until 7 or 8 am.
If I had to return to work in Birmingham again I would look elsewhere in the city as better quality and value are available elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LondonTraveller6
GMBirmingham, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I'm so disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay and you felt that the apartments were tired and in need of a major refurb, I do have a rolling maintenance plan and can assure you any issues are addressed immediately, unfortunately I don't know what apartment you stayed in from your review, but if you would like to contact me to discuss further please do not hesitate to, I hope you will contact me as I have corporate guests returning week on week due to the standards I portray and the welcoming team I have to give the home from home experience.

I look forward to hopefully speaking to you soon

Claire Knapton, General Manager

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Next to the food and rag market and 5 minutes walk from New Street train station. To get there from the train station head towards the Bullring shopping centre and from Smallbrook Queensway look for Debenhams. To the right of Debenhams there’s a stairway and lift leading down to the street below. Turn left to walk past the food hall and turn right at the end of the building. You’ll see the Café Soya and the entrance to the apartments is just to the left of the café. Lots of eateries nearby. the Café Soya next door does really nice take-out boxes of Chinese food for £5. there's also a Spar on the other side for doing a quick shop.
I’d stayed at a budget hotel recently in Birmingham and it was good value but paper-thin walls so I didn’t sleep too well. A friend had suggested trying an apartment as I was staying for three nights, so I booked to stay here. I requested a room away from the market (as reviews had said it was noisy early in the morning) and a non-smoking room.
It was easy to find from the train station and when I checked in the Receptionist said that my room was away from the market but unfortunately was a smoking room as they were full. She’d asked the cleaners to air it all day and told me to let her know if I wanted to change rooms the next day.
The lounge had a full size settee and there was a small dining table and a kitchen that included fridge, freezer, toaster, mike and washing machine. With instructions for everything. There’s also a good size tv and a cd player. The French doors were a lovely bonus. There’s also a small tea and coffee supply with individual milk sachets as you’d get in a normal hotel room. Separate bedroom with a double wardrobe with a safe in it. The label on the safe says they’ll charge you £1 a day. The rooms are only serviced after 7 days, so you don’t get your bed made every day, but I prefer that. There’s a refuse chute at the end of the corridor if you want to get rid of any rubbish.
It is noisy at night if you have the windows open (traffic and people), but then you are in the city centre. As there’s no air con, I found that if I put the electric fan on at least it covered the external noise.
Overall it was so much nicer than just a hotel room and the staff were all pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Hondabird007
GMBirmingham, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and that you preferred it to a hotel. Thank you for the great information you have included as this will help future guests visiting us.

Thanks again for the great review and I look forward in welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was at the NEC for a 3 day show in march. got a fair deal for 3 nights stay.
Excellent staff and very welcoming atmosphere. Well furnished and no problems.
A premier location right in the Bull Ring area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GavinSandeman
GMBirmingham, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us here in Birmingham, thank you for the lovely comments on my team I will ensure they are all made aware of your feedback.

I hope I can welcome you back in the future

Kindest Regards

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed for 4 weeks during Feb 2013. The apartments were clean,warm, very spacious, furniture did look slightly tired though, and the bed was on wheels so moved slightly everytime you got into it, but those were the only minor issues I had with it.

Location was ideal, behind the bullring, a 5 minute walk from New Street and 2 minutes from the Arcadian centre, so plenty of restaurants around if you didn't fancy cooking. Receptionists were also friendly and helpful. I had an issue with my credit card being charged twice, but this was promptly refunded as soon as I let them know what had happened.

Would stay here again, for the service/space you got, it was very good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
GMBirmingham, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay, I'm sorry your card was charged twice but pleased it was rectified immediately.

It's lovely to read you enjoyed the space and the location and that you will return in the future

Claire

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed here this year. The apartments are excellent value, clean and bright, and in spite of very cold unseasonal weather, were warm and cosy. The location couldn't be bettered; right next to the Birmingham rag market and about 2 minutes from the Bull Ring with all the main shops and several restaurants. The staff are friendly and helpful. Good double glazing as well to keep out the noise.

My only gripes were the lack of cooking equipment, limited to two pans. But not a big issue given the number of cheap restaurants in nearby Chinatown, plus the good value Soy Cafe next door. The internet is expensive at 25 Pounds for the week, but unusually for British hotels it was a high speed link that worked properly and I don't mind paying for quality.

I'll certainly stay here again when we return to Birmingham.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the great review, I will ensure my staff are aware of your lovely comments, I'm sorry you only had 2 saucepans I will ensure a full inventory is carried out and items are replaced when needed.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future