“Good central location” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Midlands
“Good central location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was an ideal central location for accessing all shops and restaurants situated right behind the Bullring shopping centre. Reception staff couldnt have been more helpful and polite. The apartment itself was bright and well equipped with all kitchen equipment needed to cook a meal. I was pleasantly surprised to find a hair dryer in the bedside table. A safe inside the wardrobe, at no extra cost meant that leaving laptops, ipads etc was not a problem. The lounge consisted of a very comfortable settee and armchair alongside a large coffee table and a top of the range samsung tv. A spar shop next door meant we didnt have to go miles out of our way for any basic supplies. On a very cold weekend in february the apartment was lovely warm and cosy. The only downside for us was no tv in the bedroom although there was a tv socket. i would suggest that if you want a birds eye view of the city you need to book a top floor apartment.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMBirmingham, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Birmingham, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay, It's lovely to read you enjoyed your time with us, we are in a great location for all the main amenities close at hand.
thank you again for a great review.

Claire, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
newcastle upon tyne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I cannot fault the service at these apartments- the ladies on the desk were charming and helpful. The apartment itself, though tired and a bit shabby was very comfortable and well equipped.
Sadly, though I had specifically requested a non smoking apartment, this was not honoured. I arrived to drop my things to an apartment smelling strongly of air freshner. By the time I returned from work that evening, the apartment reeked of cigarettes.
As the apartments were fully booked, I could not be offered a change of room. An odour sucker-outer machine (?!) sadly made not a jot of difference.
I find it amazing that it's possible to put someone in a smoking room unless specifically requested.
Sadly, though I visit Birmingham regularly for work, I would not stay here again. The smell was overpowering and deeply unpleasant.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMBirmingham, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Birmingham, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for completing a review on your recent stay, I'm sorry you were allocated a smoking apartment; unfortunately we were fully booked and did have to use all the apartments. I am in the process of changing another floor to non-smoking which hopefully will address the problem of not having to use smoking apartments for non-smokers.
Thank you for your lovely comment on my team I will ensure the team are aware of your feedback, I do have corporate guests who use us week in week out and proves to be a good base when working here in Birmingham, I do hope you will give me the chance to welcome you back in the near future and to show you the true picture of Premier Apartments Birmingham.

Claire, General Manager
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

I decided to book an apartment to treat myself after a 7 weeks of backpacking Europe. I arrived at the apartment and had to wait a very long time to be checked in.
Once I got in the apartment I found there was no hot water. I spoke to the receptionist who said she would come up and check.
After an hour had gone by she was nowhere to be seen. When she finally came up she told me she would send for a plumber. So I went to the shops expecting to have running water on my return. Nothing! and the receptionist had left for the day!!! Then the next day I tried to call a taxi from the phone and it didn't work!! as it was a public holiday and there were no inhouse staff at the apartment I was stuck running around the town trying to find a taxi.
Most stressful experience I should have stuck with the hostels!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for completing your review, I can see you stayed with us in April 2012, I'm sorry you had problems with your hot water and that the problem was not resolved, we do provide an emergency number for when the office is closed, although you stayed over Easter we are still open each day Bank holidays being limited hours however still open 10 - 6.
Once again sorry for the inconvenience caused

Claire, General Manager
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Very well equipped apartments in a central location right across the road from the bullring and on the edge of Chinatown. Clean, tidy and well maintained. We will definitely use these apartments again on our next trip to birmingham.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMBirmingham, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Birmingham, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for the great scores and lovely review, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will return and recommend to your friends.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

The location is good...but that's it. I really don't understand all the other positive reviews. I am travelling for business and this accommodation is not any cheaper than the ones in which I usually stay. Nevertheless the quality of the rooms is one of the worst I have encountered. There is no breakfast, no free internet,, the bedroom is cold and noisy and the overall decor is incredibly dated (10-15 years). I am cutting my stay short and checking out tomorrow.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
      Cleanliness
Thank you for taking the time to complete the review, I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us, I spoke with you after your first night’s stay due to your business needs changing and you were not required in Birmingham for the second night and were trying to cancel, however due to cancellation periods and the travel agent you booked through you were unable to cancel however none of the above were brought to my attention at this point, as General Manager I ensure I do my upmost to address any problems immediately once informed, I’m sorry on this occasion you did not inform me of your issues.

Naas, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

excellent location 5 mins walk to new street station. spar right next door and on the otherside a take out food place with a good selection of ethnic food. the bullring is right outside the window. It is clean but not spotless good bedlinen with extra pillows would stay again no problem if you are on a budget its the place for you, or travelling with children as there is a seperate bedroom and living space. no complaints

Room Tip: request a room to the front of the building because the flowermarket is to the back and deliveries s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMBirmingham, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Birmingham, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Premier Apartments Birmingham, we are ideally situated whether it be for shopping, site seeing or an excellent night out. It's lovely to read you will stay again and that you will recommend us in the future, I hope I can welcome you back soon

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is the second time that we have spent a month over the Christmas/New Year period at Premier Apartments in Birmingham. The location in the centre of the city is superb (close to the markets, the Bullring, shops and buses) and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful (front desk, cleaning staff, maintenance man etc.) Our apartment (Room 112) was well appointed, well equipped and very comfortable and clean. It was also surprisingly quiet, apart from the odd noisy bunch of people who congregated on the pavement outside the Travel Lodge across the street in the wee hours of the morning. Overall, it was a very satisfactory month, just as it was last time. We would definitely recommend Premier Apartments to anyone visiting Birmingham.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room and the staff will do all they can to oblige.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dr Bob H
GMBirmingham, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES Birmingham, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for the great review, it was lovely to welcome you both back again to Premier Apartments Birmingham this year. Thank you for the lovely feedback on my team I will ensure they are all aware, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay again with us and its excellent you would recommend others to visit.

I hope I can welcome you back in the future when your next here visiting family.

Kindest Regards