“Fantastic value for a great room”

Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel
Ranked #40 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
London
“Fantastic value for a great room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed for 1 night with family before attending a conference at the NEC. £29 for 3 of us cannot be faulted. Enormous room on the top floor was very quiet, spacious, clean & air condiitoned.
Buffet breakfast at £8.25 per adult (free for under 16s) was fresh, tasty and included porridge & poached eggs to order and a really tasty red fruit compote! Although a very unhealthy section was available, so too was organic youghurts, fresh and dried fruit and wholemeal bread/toast.

Location great for NEC, not wonderful for anything else and impossible without a car

Room Tip: Top floor is quietest
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Marrissa T, Guest Relations Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on your recent visit to our hotel.

We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We enjoy reading all comments as sometimes the smallest thing can make the biggest difference.

We do hope that you visit us again on your next trip to the NEC.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Liverpool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

My colleague booked this hotel as we were attending a trade show at the NEC for 3 days.

I have to say that I have always stayed away from "chains" in the past as I always find them "faceless" and too corporate, lacking character and characters!

As you can probably gather I was unimpressed with the choice of hotel and rolled up with a very negative attitude. This was compounded by my colleague calling me to say he would not be arriving until the next morning due to a domestic crisis!

Check in was seemless and very efficient. The staff were so charming and welcoming. My negative feelings were soon almost extinguished!

The room was spotless and had a huge comfortable bed!

The bar was friendly and the food lovely and excellent value! Great staff in there too!

In summary I got this one totally wrong with my preconceived ideas.

I had a lovely stay and was able to walk over to the NEC each morning with was a lovely bonus ( avioding all the queues for the car park )

I will definately stay here next year.

In summary, great service, great staff and a lovely warm welcome. lovely room and good food. Ticked all the boxes and much more!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel.

We are always so pleased to read such positive comments. The team do work hard to provide a World Class service to all our guests, so it's nice to be rewarded by such a kind review. The team have all seen your review and would all personally like to say a big thank you!

It's nice to hear that you'll be staying with us next year and we look forward to seeing you.
Glasgow
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Before and laying up to the Olympics, the staff at all the premier inns I have been staying at have been truly fantastic. Customer servics been excellent. However, over the last couple of weeks I have noticed a huge drop in my premier inn experience. This includes Sunderland and Godalming. I am about to write a review on Sunderland as really I was more of a distraction to the staff than anything else.

This premier inn from a facility point of view is as good as the rest for value and convenience.

The automated check in machines are good. However they was attempt by anyone at reception to say hello or offer assistance, even though they were not checking anyone in. There were two staff on reception. Quite disappointing. This morning, there was no attempt to seat me or show me round the buffet, even though I said I had not been at this premier inn before.

All in all quite a cold experience.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

We are so sorry that you did not receive the customer service that is expected at our hotel. Although our team strive to provice a World Class service, we have failed on this occassion. We do take all feedback given from guests very seriously and your review will help us rectify any issues and provent incidents like this occurring in the future.

We do hope that this does not deter you from staying with us again and hope to see you in the near future.
Winchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

i stayed at premier inn nec on the 27th oct 2012 as i was going to the top gear live show at the nec. i had to ask a few people where the premier inn was as i couldnt see it anywhere and i wanted to check in first then go to the show. anyway some guy that worked at the nec gave me a lift to the premier inn in his lorry and waited for me while i checked in then took me back to the nec so thank you whoever you are. check in was quick and easy my room was number 14 so only a short walk to reception. i was pleased with my room it was very clean and tidy. the staff were very freindly and helpful. after the top gear show i got a taxi back to inn which cost me £7.40 and decided to have a few drinks in the bar. its worth noting the cash machine in the reception doesnt work but the bar does take cards it wasnt too much of a problem for me as i was only staying 1 night. i went to bar about 9ish and it was chaos coz food was still being served however i did get my drinks so not a problem.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out to review your recent stay with us.

It's always nice to read the opinions of each and every guest that stays with us and we use all feedback given to help us improve ourselves and our hotel. The team always try to provide a World Class service to each guest and reading such positive comments is always rewarding.

We hope that if you're visiting the NEC again, you chose to stay with us.
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

I took my son here to stay and see Top Gear 2 peoples night stay with a breakfast and eat as much you like and what you like for £37.25 good value, good location for NEC, very clean as normal, plenty of parking, friendly staff from reception to bar staff to house keeping always spot on and excellent value for the money!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

We're so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and your lovely comments have been shared with the team. This shows that their goal in aiming to provide a World Class service has been achieved.

We do hope that we will see you again on your next visit to the NEC!
London, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

I booked this hotel in advance taking advantage of the excellent £29 rate for my visit to the Birmingham Dive Show at the NEC. I wasn't expecting much to be honest for that price but was very pleasantly surprised.

I actually got a taxi to and from the NEC as had been on my feet all day, which costs about £5-£7 depending on company. I am sure it is walkable though if you didn't want to pay out for a taxi.

Reception staff were great - very efficient and helpful and made a real effort to make sure you had everything you needed. Check in and out were both very smooth.The room was spotless and I like that they have different pillows (from hard to soft) to meet with their 'guaranteed good night's sleep' programme as well as manually controlled air conditioning / heating in the room.

The bed was very comfy and I did have a good night's sleep thank you!Despite the hotel being extremely busy with all the events going on at the NEC you couldn't hear a thing in the rooms, nice and quiet. Bath nice and deep and shower had good settings and the hair dryer had fairly decent power (as opposed to some hotel ones that are like a pathetic little waft of air!).

Breakfast (at £8.25) was also a pleasant surprise. The buffet was better quality than I was expecting with a great range of hot and cold foods and cereals and again the service from the staff was excellent and they ask when you are seated if you have any special requests such as vegetarian sausages, poached eggs etc.

All in all I enjoyed my stay and had a restful night. I got a lot more for my £29 than I was expecting and the service was excellent. Great value and some of the pricier hotels should take note of how you can get things right without breaking the bank!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay with us.

It's always so pleasing to read such positive comments, especially with our team as they do strive to provide a World Class service to all our guests.

We do hope that should you be in the Birmingham again, we will be seeing you!
Canvey Island, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was the most impossible place to find! the post code will not go into a sat Nav, we went round in circles and finally found it by chance, so if you book make sure youi take full directions. When we finally arrived at the hotel it was 8pm and we were starving, we went to the restaurant and were told it was full until 9pm, there were 8 empty tables, no reserved signs on them! we were told we could order a meal at the bar, the bar was over crowded and every table was occupied, we asked the receptionist if we could get room service, she said yes, order it at the bar, on waiting 20minutes to get served the young lady took our order and said we had to wait there for the food and take it to the room ourseleves, in my opinion this is not room service! when we adventually got our food it was nice but too late, also the 8 empty tables in the restauarant were still empty at 9pm! The breakfast was very good and the waiter who said he had only worked there for three days made up for the rest of the unhelpful staff.

Room Tip: I would imagine all of the rooms are the same, clean and basic.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LindaBarry10
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for tyour review.

We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our restaurant did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards.

Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated.
Thank you once again for your review.

Naina
Social Media Team,

Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.